AuthorTopic: [Wip]Mock-up thingy  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Cakeprediction

• huehuehue, newer...er avatar :D
    • View Profile

[Wip]Mock-up thingy

on: December 26, 2014, 03:59:36 pm
Hi there!

As Always, I'm making more mock-ups, but this time I want to try it a little bit bigger and I want to try some stuff I currently suck at(trees, rocks, grass, mainly textures in general).

So hereby, I present you this thingy(the two screens next to it are for editing purposes):

This screensize is probably the size it will be, even though it is an odd resolution (I think)
The hearts, player counter above the characters (supposed to be a co-op), timer and the huds in the top would show up if you press a certain button. The hearts specifically would also show up if a character were to get hit(The yellow hearts mean an extra 2 hears, but they're drawn on top of the still existing hearts).

The grass+dirt is loosely based on decroded's 16 px mock-u, and as you can see, I really don't have a clue how to even start with the rock formations behind them(supposed to be right behind them).

the bar in the hud would be experience (might change the colour to green), and the icons next to the faces are buffs and debuffs(those two are random, don't know if they're final yet). number next to the bar resembles the character level, and where the black boxes are will be small icons for items.

Didn't start the background yet, since I first want to ask for any advice on the current stuff and maybe some tips on how to start drawing the rocks( already tried a it a few times, but foolishly deleted them :/. Might try it a few more times later today). this area will probably become a dark forest thingy. Will try to make the setting a bit dark.

Anyway, I hope you guys can help me a bit, especially with the textures  :crazy: , and that everything is a bit readable.

Thank you ;D

Edit:
I added two characters, finishing the team  :lol:'

Edit:
Changed the hair colour of skirtsuit woman and completely redid the ground:

Edit:
Finished making a background. Any advice on this before I start making other tiles?

Layers:

Edit:
tried to do a dungeon mock-up but failed a bit:

Edit:
Finally managed to make maybe the most important scene of the game: the part where verybody plays their instrument(blueskirtlady sings):

The other stuff I posted here isn't as important, except from all the dungeon tiles and layers, but I'll overhaul the forest once. Really hope I can get some good advice for this :D. Will try putting this into an engine, and after that probably some enemies and animations
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:38:24 pm by Cakeprediction »