AuthorTopic: Girl Scene WIP  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Laconic

• View Profile

Girl Scene WIP

on: August 14, 2006, 01:18:14 am
I'm cross posting this with the pixeljoint forums.  If that's not ok, let me know and I'll remove the post.

Note:  She is supposed to be taking a step forward with her left foot.  Light source is obviously above and to the right.  Haven't figured out what she is holding or what she is looking at.

Crits Welcome. 12 Colors

My instincts tell me that something is not right with the left elbow/hand.  Tips on shading/anatomy particularly appreciated.

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Re: Girl Scene WIP

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 01:33:55 am
Her right arm seems to be at a possible, but uncomfortable, angle.  It doesn't feel like it's going forward into the background enough.

The left arm simply appears too short and the wrist looks like a painful position as well.

Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 02:13:50 am
Aside from those things entivore mentioned, I think her butt looks a bit wonky.

Here's a quick and over-dithered (damn you GraphicsGale, damn you!) edit.

Keep us updated on your progress!  :)

Offline Laconic

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 02:40:31 am
Thanks for the crits guys.

I actually laughed out loud in shame at how much better that looked junkboy.  I guess I was holding off on the dithering until I had a better idea of what I was doing, but what you did there looks fantastic (even if it is as you say over dithered)

Offline Laconic

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 01:31:28 pm

Took some cues from junkboy's edit regarding the shading of the legs and placement of the spinal cord indent.  I like junkboy's better in how it gives the pants more texture, and that halftone/magazine add look.  Redrew hand, reshaded a few things.

I've decided that she is going to be walking in to a building.  Most likely a dive bar or the like.  Not entirely original, but this is intended to be more of an exercise than a real composition.