AuthorTopic: Construction Guy  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Figs

• View Profile

Construction Guy

on: August 13, 2006, 09:11:31 pm
Almost half decent.

I know it's not very good, and most likely the shading is all off. I played around a bit with outlines, but in the end just left it black for the character's body.

Suggestions?

Edit: Changed his hard hat and the shading just a little bit...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 09:18:24 pm by Figs »

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: Construction Guy

Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 10:10:22 pm
 Looks really good and tiny. If I were you, I would make the helmet have an orange shade with high contrast will spice things up. The skin tones need contrast as well. Make the highlights yellowish and shadows blueish.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 10:31:15 pm
To me his hemlet looks like a smimming head helmet thing...how it wraps around his head so tight.  Give it some depth by widening it.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 10:38:13 pm
Cool little guy. Simplistic, but at such a lows res, it's almost inevitable and helps kep things readable and clean.

Some crits:

The side view is on pixel shorter than the front, and the logo-y thing on the shirt is 2 pixels lower in the front view, which I assume wasn't intentional. Also, there're some weird things going on here by way of consistency. For example, the pants in the side view are outlined in dark blue, and the front (but not the back) of the shirt in dark red, while in the front view, both are outlined in pure black.

I'd listen to andy's suggestion and up the contrast in places, too. At 1x zoom, all the colours kind of blend togethre, making the image appear flat.

Good start, now keep at it!