AuthorTopic: [WIP] Assorted RPG assets  (Read 8633 times)

Offline grue

• red & green
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Assorted RPG assets

Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 08:37:48 pm
I... don't know why I foreshortened the light patch. Maybe the reference photo being taken from a very different angle had something to do with it. Regardless, I'll fix it when I next work on the room. Thank you.

About the bed, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you think less of the top plane should be visible, or...? Though I agree, the perspective is a bit screwed right now - I forgot to edit some things when I changed the far wall.

As for the sprite - the movement could stand to be a little less stiff, I know, but I'd rather not make it that exaggerated. Her walk is meant to resemble marching more than anything else.

Sketched out all five playable characters. Most of them are nowhere near being done and the palette needs serious work, but it's something, I guess. The middle one is actually supposed to be ~50 cm taller than everyone else, but I couldn't figure out how to convey that without messing up the perspective. It also looks unnaturally stiff, even for a robot, but I'm not sure it's something I can fix, considering how lanky the character design is.

Also made a quick menu portrait. The hair is a bit flat, but I rather like how the large areas of solid colour look, so I'm considering leaving it as is.

Offline grue

• red & green
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 12:57:48 am
Polished the field sprites a bit more. I'm not quite happy with them yet (the limbs on the second one are especially bad), but at least they don't hurt to look at any more. Also worked on the palette a little, but some maps aren't even sketched yet and I haven't decided what number of colours to go for, so I can't finalise it.

Edit: Forgot to include the palette. I'll probably need to add more colours later, but for now, is there anything I ought to fix?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:49:29 am by grue »

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 01:13:58 am
I like small color gradient in middle one, but last two are my favorites. Very nice. :)