AuthorTopic: Shootemup Space Ship C+C  (Read 2984 times)

Offline JoeCreates

• View Profile

Shootemup Space Ship C+C

on: December 19, 2014, 09:23:23 pm
Any feedback on the ship is much appreciated. Feel free to ignore the rocks and background, they're only rough. Thanks. :D

Offline hobbler_toppler

• View Profile

Re: Shootemup Space Ship C+C

Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:08:13 pm
Just chiming in to say that looks really cool. The only problem I see is that the smoke looks kind of weird on top of the blue thruster exhaust. At first I thought it was more rocks. I'd imagine it's not quite as confusing when animated, though.

Thumbs up.

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:35:26 am
Lovely work, one note;

You could push the front of the ship down into perspective by making it a shade or two darker then the mid section. Atm it looks like it's pointing straight up instead of forward.

Offline Fizzick

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 04:35:59 am
Nice colors, though you could pick up the contrast just a little more. Adding a darker blue tone to the inside of the smoke would help to make it look more transparent rather than a solid puffy structure.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 02:57:44 pm
Initial impression is great but I found there's too much happening at the back of the ship with smoke and thrusters, and i can't quite make out the forms or what is there.
Also I don't rly like the guns along the wings or their shapes as they seem like such an "obvious" way to design it but that could just be me