AuthorTopic: Eggplant Wizard  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Eggplant Wizard

on: November 21, 2014, 06:02:06 pm
Hello!

(I'm still working on the Lynch girl, just so you know ;D).

Ref:

My first attempt:

I'm working on this sprite in order to practice giving volume to shapes. I would really appreciate some input in that regard.  :y: I'm not looking for something which is identical to the reference, just good volume.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: Eggplant Wizard

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:59:40 pm
Hi Zizka, somehow because of your color choice when I look at your drawings I immediately know they are yours. Colors are usually low saturated and and they have low contrast. Maybe it's because of your monitor calibration. I had similar problem long time ago. If this is not the case, you should first study color picking cause it's very important.  :)

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:05:53 pm
What's wrong with the colors exactly? I mean could you (or anyone else) be more specific. I've messed about using more saturation and contrast but to be honest I'm not convinced with the result which is why I have nothing to show at the moment.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:27:45 pm
I already said "saturation and low contrast". Image is very hard to watch especially in part here shadow color is combined with basic color. Maybe because compared to basic color shadow color is very desaturated. That combined with green color simply hurts my eyes. A lot of people here suggested that gray color or some desaturated 50% dark color should be used as working background, cause it helps with picking and adjusting colors.

I mean could you (or anyone else) be more specific. I've messed about using more saturation and contrast but to be honest I'm not convinced with the result which is why I have nothing to show at the moment.

You should always try to find more information on the internet, cause this things can be learned (and btw I'm not color expert), and never be afraid to show result, cause it may help people to help you. It shows that you are ready to try and put some effort into it.