AuthorTopic: [UNPAID] The Birth of Magick in need of an Artist.  (Read 2029 times)

Offline QuaintShanty

• View Profile

[UNPAID] The Birth of Magick in need of an Artist.

on: December 13, 2014, 06:25:31 am
*Hello. While this job is unpaid, there may be something to come from it in the future (subscription payments and such). Be sure to read the requirements before applying and remember that the art presented is not final. It is was is currently capable by myself, a fresh starter (literally only a few weeks of actually performing pixel art).

Contact Info: (email) quaint.shanty@gmail.com or PM me.

A world created by two powerful mages, Allia & Gilleon, flourished for many years. In the year 250, that all came to an end.

*Lightning strikes -- Rain pours*

An altercation between the two mages caused the nature of their world to change. What was once a world of only humans is now a world that invited monsters, thanks to Gilleon. To compensate for this unbalanced nature, Allia bestowed a selected few of the human populace with a portion of his magic.

And so, it began...

Form
The reason why there are so many questions is because we want to know how serious you are. :)

*Be sure that your timezone is EST or somewhat close.*

Skype (required to talk to team):

Example art (min. 3):

How often will you be available?:

How determined and willing are you to produce some quality art?:

For basic art, like tiles and walls, what is your usual completion time? How about trees and props? And bases/animations?:

Do you mind working with others?:

What are your expectations of your teammates? And of yourself?:

Would you like to remain as a secondary artist or just simply take over as the primary artist?:

Requirements
  • I'd like to just see at least 3 pieces of your work (should consist of bases and tiles if possible, being able to do both is a plus). imgur or puush is best when applying through the pager. Or, just link an entire zipped portfolio.
  • Skype.
  • Available at least 5 days a week (does not mean I need to have you working for an hour or anything everyday. Just need you to at least say hi so I know you're alive or haven't ditched). Exceptions are holidays and such. Simply just let me know that you'll possibly be gone. Nobody likes a no-show, right?

About this Project
Just your standard RPG game with a twist and a heavy + long story-line to follow with it.

Here's a few pictures of it's current progress.

Current Progress
The project currently being worked on is not yet planned. Instead, things will be done on a whim until the base story line is set. Meaning there may be minor changes here and there. But, nothing major. Don't worry, it's not going to be "dropped" like most. If there are people capable of good (or decent) art on board, things will progress. There's no doubt about that. So, no worries!

The current state of the game is very new. There isn't any content since I am struggling to produce art that doesn't just utterly rape your eyes when you move around. That's why I need a secondary artist. Not to do all the work, but to help out when there is a struggle to move on. If you, the artist, are up to the task, you can just take over completely, allowing me to fully program, create music, and do other things instead.

Future Propositions
First off, this game will not be simply BYOND based. It's aimed to support BYOND, WebClient, and BYOND Standalone/Steam. So, users may be able to play on their phone if they choose, on their web browser for Mac/Linux, on BYOND as a BYOND user, and on Windows without installing BYOND.

We're planning (yes we, because I'm not the only one working on this) on making this a game for profit with monthly subscriptions. The game will still be F2P but subscriptions will have a different feel than your standard subscriptions.

The plan is that subscribers get to access content that has recently come out while non-subscribers have to wait a bit before they can access it as well. This includes cities, weapons, etc. While they can own weapons, they can't equip them as a non-subscriber. Same thing with animals and such. Everything new is subscriber only ranging from a month minimum to a year maximum.

So, as a pixel artist, you are eligible to receive a portion of the money in the case that what is profited is enough to pay for you as well as all other necessities (multiple servers, other's who are working on this project, etc).

The Team
This team is pretty much small. It doesn't need to be big to be successful. All that's needed is for every member of the team to, as stated before, keep in touch. Communicate and respect each other's boundaries. We really do look forward to having you with us and we hope you meet the expectations of the project.

Programmers: Myself and Toby
Pixel Artists: Myself (capable) and Toby (capable), more needed.
Sound Engineer: Myself, more needed but not urgent.
Game Designer: Myself
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:58:56 am by QuaintShanty »