AuthorTopic: Mega Joint  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Mega Joint

on: December 30, 2014, 09:40:38 pm
Hello!

This is for the contest over at pixel joint. I'd like some criticism please.

Offline Kosvid

• View Profile

Re: Mega Joint

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 09:56:54 pm
The head contrasts with the body way too much, whereas the body`s contrast is too low. The pillow-shading is not much of a problem considering the size, I think. The blue colours near the near-white one are almost the same, I`m not even sure, they look as one even at a huge scale... Also I can`t find the third beige colour from the second colour column. I doubt that it`s necessary, though.

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Re: Mega Joint

Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 02:53:43 pm
Thanks for the feedback.  :y:

*So I fixed the hair some by getting rid of those super bright highlights. I used a color for the skin instead and I think it looks a lot better. I’m happy with that.
*Played around with the clusters in the hair. This I need practice with, the hair. I think it looks better now. That’s good.
*Redefined the musculature of the body. I think that’s an improvement too.
*Changed the orientation of the cannon.
*The arm with the cannon is still a bit wonky, I’d like some feedback about that.
*I’d like some feedback about the legs, how to define the muscles better.
*Messed about with the three colors of the blue I have at the moment. Not sure if the contrast between each one is enough.
*I removed one of the colors for the body (I now have 2 instead of 3). Drastically increased the contrast and saturation.

v.1:

v.2: