AuthorTopic: [CLOSED] Looking for Pixel Artist for Top Down Action Adventure Game for Lead  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Hawkwise

• View Profile
Hey,

My name is Eric. I'm leading Horrible Unicorn Game Studios, and we're looking to hire a great pixel artist / animator. If you are interested in my experience and background you can find that here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ickthedeadlyfishdisease

Otherwise details on the position below:

Company: Horrible Unicorn Game Studios Inc.
Project Title: TBD
Description of Company: Horrible Unicorn Game Studios (HUGS!) aims to make quirky, cute, creepy, scary, and fun narrative driven games for PC, and Console.
Description of Project: Don't want to go into too much detail on it just yet, but we are looking to do some cool stuff artistically.
Position: We're looking for an art director / lead artist type situation. Someone with some serious experience who can help us define our art style, create create characters, backgrounds, environments, etc. We have some specific ideas of what we need, and want, but there will be a fair bit of freedom to this as well. At the end of the day what we need is something wicked that stands out and hooks people. 
Payment: We have a budget is $25,000 to $40,000 CAD for this contract. Rates are negotiable based on artist experience / time required for work. Additionally, we're open to discussing shares / bonus / equity structure for this as well. Looking for this to be a few month type deal. 4 to 6 months. Not necessarily all at once (ideally it is), but ideally the bulk of it before the end of August 2015. We can bend our plans for the right candidate if we need to.
Contact Information: Email me at eric at horrible unicorn game studios dot com. I am located in Kitchener Ontario Canada. If you are near by I'm willing to drive up to two hours away if you want to meet over lunch or something to discuss this. Can also chat over the phone, but let's start with email first. :) Or PM me here if you like.
Location: We're located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Your location does not matter.
Dates: We're looking for someone to start around February 2015. Give or take a few weeks.
Notes: Please send me a link to your portfolio if you are interested. Linkedin too if you have it.
Website: No website yet unfortunately, registered the domains, but haven't branded anything yet. Will be doing that in the new year.

Thanks,

Eric

-- Position has been filled. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:55:41 pm by Hawkwise »

Offline Hawkwise

• View Profile
This was formerly open to only Canadians. We're opening this up to anyone. :)

Offline tristaph

• View Profile
Hello, I just stumbled upon this post. I happen to be located in Hamilton.

Take a look at my portfolio here, and let me know if you're interested in my work! Just finished a big cartoony RPG project "Crystal Picnic" which is also linked on my site. I was the art director/artist for the project.

http://tristaph.greywyvern.com

My email address is tristaph@gmail.com

- Tony