AuthorTopic: What is the best to work in 15bits ¿?  (Read 11136 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: What is the best to work in 15bits ¿?

Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 12:41:57 am
promotion is made for pixelling and based on deluxepaint and there was no need for more than 256 colours (do you ever pixel with more than 256 colours). So that's why. There might or might not be more than 256 colour support in the future but afaik there are other things which have higher priority to be implemented than more colours at once.

PS: MSPaint is shite :P
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 10:40:35 am
Ahhh.. thanks ptoing now understand all very well ;)

PS: MSPaint is shite
MsPaint for president!! XD

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 10:57:43 am
I used promotion a long time ago... but prefer mspaint and psp, but well i think need practice with promotion.

PSP is okay, but if you want to go pro, I suggest learning ProMotion. I've seen videos of you work, and regardless of how good the outcome is, you work notoriously slow, because you use mspaint/psp. When you familiarize yourself with the shortcuts in promo, you rarely need to take your pixelling pointer off of the art, and this makes you zany fast. I remember in a video where you put two pixels down... went to the toolbar and selected color picker... when back to the art (not to a palette) and selected a color... when back to the toolbar and selected the paint brush... when back to the art and layed down 3 more pixels..

you get my point.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 07:10:24 pm
Ejem... PSP not is PhotoShop... is PaintShopPro 7.0 XDDD i uuse PaintShopPro of the version 3.0 and is famimiliar to me and the 8,etc.. not like for this i use Mspaint for pixel-art etc.. and use PSP(PaintShopPro) to play with the palette, changue the palette, decrease colors, etc...

And yes helm i agree you in all, for to use mspaint etc.. im going fast but compared wit a pixel-art make in promotion is slow.

¿Any video of promotion? i search in "video google" and "youtube",etc.. and not find nothing and inet, i think a "video-tutorial" of pixel-arts make with promotion is very interesting for view the shortcuts or how work a "promotion people" in pixel-art for me will be more interesting and for more people(i believe). And need tutorial of promotion, i look in google "tutorial cosmigo promotion" and no view nothing... yes promotion have "help" but prefer a tutorial with examples etc...

I view promotion time ago but well only install open and close XD, and i view the help, and practice and is interesting the zoom with the wheel of the mouse, the "picker" with "," is more useful XD

I think i alternate mspaint and promotion.

And i like also promotion save all the "undos", in mspaint only the 3 last, and can redo undo all the pixels you put XD. This is fun!!! ex: you can make a pixel-art, undo all the gfx, presh shift+control+z while record with camtasia recorder and view how the gfx is drawing alone XD.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 07:12:35 pm by Matriax »

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 07:49:55 pm
I've been using Pro Motion for about two weeks (Thanks to ptoing) now and one thing that annoys me is that I haven't found a way to select and move stuff around. Is there any way to do this?

Edit: Sorry if this a bit off-topic.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 08:29:53 pm by Evil-Ville »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 12:28:09 am
Evil-Ville there are stencil tools, they need a bit of a different mentality than layers, but the short of it is, yes, you can select and move stuff around.

I think i alternate mspaint and promotion.

There is absolutely nothing mspaint can do that promotion can't. Your preferences are your preferences, but if you're serious about this from a pro aspect, you can do all your work in pro mo and photoshop or photoshop clones for various extra effects.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 02:52:58 am
well ive been using pro motion and i think that it is fantasitic, but im sticking with IDraw for my pixelwork.  i like the selector tool in that, its basically sex.  also, the ability to define hotkeys :P

sorry for being a little off topic
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Mr.Modem

• My avatar is more outdated than yours...
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 08:22:27 am
Please, kill me if I'm wrong but I think you can define hotkeys in Pro Motion too.
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 10:48:25 am
No, helm you not understand me, i know with promotion you can make all etc... but i say alternate mspaint and promotion not for make things in one program and in other if not for practice little a little in promotion and finish use always promotion, i don`t know if you understand me.

For example if try make a pixel-art,now i make more fast in paint that with promotion, for this make things in mspaint and other in promotion for get practice. Promotion is new for me and im feel very lost with all, and need make pixel-arts and i go to presh all buttons in promotion to view the effect and learn and view the hotkeys etc.. for this alternate mspaint and promotion for no lost all the time try learn promotion etc.. i very slow learning the new programs, for this alternate.

But i hope in 1month etc.. use always promotion, thin with hotkeys, effects, AA etc.. is the best program for pixeling but well to make fast pixels need know all the hotkeys, etc.. and need practice.

(sorry for my bad english)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 11:59:34 am
Yes I understand you. Just practise the program until you learn it. Then you'll see it's perfect for pixel art in almost all ways, and soon version 6 will add even more goodies.