AuthorTopic: GR#231 - Reclining Nude - Anatomy  (Read 9756 times)

Offline Gizmonicgamer

• View Profile

GR#231 - Reclining Nude - Anatomy

on: December 03, 2014, 08:17:40 am
NEWEST VERSION:

first version:

Started this earlier today. I feel like I'm kind of wandering a bit aimlessly in regards to the anatomy and shading on the legs and pelvic region, though;

any C+C would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:49:11 am by Gizmonicgamer »

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Re: Reclining nude [wip]

Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 12:23:47 pm
Some sloppy thoughts on anatomy, proportion and lighting:

I wasn't sure how you intended to position the bent leg, so I tucked it underneath the other one. Not sure I like my colors, but hopefully this helps  :y:

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 08:40:57 pm
The body seems awfully detailed, you should only apply basic detail before deciding on all of the shapes / silhouette of the thing you're drawing. Nice detail, in any case :-X

Offline Gizmonicgamer

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 04:48:40 am
Much appreciated! I've taken that into consideration and have decided to alter some portions of the body and the anatomy to better fit where I'm trying to go with it.

The body seems awfully detailed, you should only apply basic detail before deciding on all of the shapes / silhouette of the thing you're drawing

its a bad habit, but i tend to do better/have more fun doing it. something i should break out of lol

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 05:13:32 am

Generally pretty good. but with the way the hips were turning, I think it would be good to show more of that change of direction. The navel is following a line that is out of sync with them. It's better to block out the whole pose first, of course. The knees are a bit large and unstudied ( more so the one on the left) and the arm is going out of its way to support the body, would be better as a straight line.

Offline Gizmonicgamer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 05:41:09 am
That's excellent advice, actually; thank you! I'm working on updating the piece as we speak.