AuthorTopic: rpg girl  (Read 6992 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

rpg girl

on: August 10, 2006, 11:15:54 pm
trying to make myself get back into another project, its just a trite little tactical RPG character.  this one happens to be my character annabelle, who is also my current avi.

if it looks dark, its because that lightest gray = white
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:14:28 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: rpg girl

Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 12:06:32 am
WOW nice one!  The only part that is hard to read for me is her left side of her head - there's kind of a bright patch, then the middle area is very dark, then another bright patch protruding kind of low and farther back.  I'm not really sure if it's intentional or maybe i'm just reading the image wrong, but after staring at it its getting confusing.  her legs look incredible - big props for creating a tactical character that is fun to look at and also not fat!

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:47:30 am
No glaring flaws, and good character design.  Excellent work.  I agree that the dark spot on the back of the head and the hair right below it looks a bit iffy though. 
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 01:07:09 am
looks nice. the legs go up too far i think so it looks a little weird to me..also agree about the hair.

instant

Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 01:56:46 am
this is the kind of thing that made me first aspire to pixel. I love everything about it and i hope you continue doing this kind of thing.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 02:04:06 am
love the model pose  :D

this definately looks great for a character, nice design work.. Do you have more of this character or is it just purely based from your avatar?

new project eh? looking forward to any mockups you come up with  ;)
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 02:15:19 am
wow, didnt think a 30-minute doodle would get attention that fast ^^

the hair, im not sure how to fix it tbh, i just sorta threw it together.  if i make this go anywhere ill try to fix that area though.
alkaline: the legs are quite a bit less than half the height of the sprite, but perhaps there is some confusion about the outfit?  the dark band isnt her waist, if that's what you were thinking, it's a fairly thick black stripe on the shirt that goes from just under her breasts to a few inches above the belly button.

if Fil is out there:  i like the way this quickie came out and im going to get to work adjusting the Ptb sprites to be more like it, its easier to work with and i think more appearing.  not a *huge* change really except for the heads.  i think it will work better in the long run
- a test for the new look

this isnt for a new project, but was a warm-up to get me back to another project.  ive been stargin at the old characters blankly for some time and decided i needed to whip one up from scratch, then go for it again (and it's worked, im inspired again :P)

the character Annabelle belongs to Inner Core Productions, though i dont think the guys mind me saying its 'my' character since ive done all of the artwork and writing that involves her
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 02:44:04 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 02:31:43 am
wow, it's so clear, unlike your usual work. and it suits you well!

i think there's only so much hue shifting a ramp can take before it all just seems.. gimicky (when it goes beyond just bending the natural, logical variation in hues too much). and this sprite here is a really nice example of how to do it right, subtle and in moderation with a result really pleasing to the eye.

edit:
unlike your usual work
mhh, that's not really the case, just browsed through your pixeljoint gallery again :), it IS really clear and easy to make out however..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 10:40:15 am by miascugh »

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 02:55:55 am
love it, mch better..  ;) it'd look nice animated.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

yosh64

Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 11:38:19 am
hey

I really really like the character of your first one :D, I think it looks great :D.

cyas