AuthorTopic: [C+C] sprites for a game.  (Read 3896 times)

Offline computertrash

• knight of time
    • View Profile
    • tumblr

[C+C] sprites for a game.

on: November 05, 2014, 11:29:18 pm

these are the character designs for a fan-game i'm doing. it's supposed to be simplistic.

these are the inital sprites:

and these are the new ones i made:

they are made to fit RPG Maker 2003.
as i said, the game is supposed to be simple and not too complex. rm 2003 cant handle complex

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Re: [C+C] sprites for a game.

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 05:36:18 pm
Nice job! :)
The latter ones will be better or not, depending on the tileset they will be overlapping (the noodle legs will be nearly invisible if placed in a floor without enough contrast)

Offline computertrash

• knight of time
    • View Profile
    • tumblr

Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 05:32:10 pm
Nice job! :)
The latter ones will be better or not, depending on the tileset they will be overlapping (the noodle legs will be nearly invisible if placed in a floor without enough contrast)

noodle legs is the best description of these sprites ever

i plan to make the game somewhat of a side scrolling platformer, which is why they only face left and right. i had made the first ones before i thought about doing that. i'll try to make a mock up soon so others have an idea as to what the game is like.

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 07:15:16 pm
If the game is going to be text-heavy (being Homestuck and all) then you do right by sticking with RPG Maker 200x

But if there is going to be actual platforming, I recommend switching to another simple game-making tool, like Construct 2.
(and then you'd have to create something for the text boxes, but it'd be minor work)
I say this because even heavily modified RPG Maker XP games felt wonky when implementing gameplay from other genres :P

In any case, good luck :)

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:41:45 pm
Noodles look a lot more slick :y:

Not sure why you've gone for cave-story blockhead though? The portrait and these sketches aren't styled that way and I think you'd have room for rounded heads with those proportions.

Offline computertrash

• knight of time
    • View Profile
    • tumblr

Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 10:26:12 pm
If the game is going to be text-heavy (being Homestuck and all) then you do right by sticking with RPG Maker 200x

But if there is going to be actual platforming, I recommend switching to another simple game-making tool, like Construct 2.
(and then you'd have to create something for the text boxes, but it'd be minor work)
I say this because even heavily modified RPG Maker XP games felt wonky when implementing gameplay from other genres :P

In any case, good luck :)

i say platformer because when i think of that, i think of side scrollers and 2d. itll still have the typical 2003 battles and such.
ill look into construct anyways because i need to have more tools than just 2003 haha. i actually have xp and vx ace but they dont work on this small netbook.

Not sure why you've gone for cave-story blockhead though? The portrait and these sketches aren't styled that way and I think you'd have room for rounded heads with those proportions.

the sketches were merely to show others the intended costume designs. the style is going to be consistent.

Offline computertrash

• knight of time
    • View Profile
    • tumblr

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 10:54:34 pm

the game is at 200% but you can toggle it so its at 100%. im not happy with what i tried with the walls but its a start. all there is behind the text box is black.

i have a 'grid' at 20% opacity so you can see how big each tile has to be.

id REALLY like some help on this. im going for minimalist and i dont want a palette with 107461876340187 colors. to better understand the enviroment/colors, you can go to this flash here

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 07:52:10 am
First thing I notice is different things in the scene have different perspectives.
I'd encourage u to shift perspectives for different scenes but  make each scene look consistent in itself.