AuthorTopic: helicopter  (Read 6325 times)

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: helicopter

Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 09:07:51 pm
I've already spent too much time on the rotor animation though..
And I'll see what I can do about shininess, to me there doesn't seem to be that much difference though.

Also, you're right when it comes to the background. I'm probably gonna completely recolor it.
The terrain might be too saturated as well..

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 11:11:47 pm
Cyangmou's image host is blocked from where I am but i remember thinking the white bits in the glass gave it a nice shiny look.

Actually the blades animation kind of has that cool effect of something that looks slow because it is going so fast. I think its just the colour that makes them look like they're made of glass which ruins everything for me.

In my mind, its OK for terrain to be saturated because the general rule is that its something important to gameplay (even if this isn't actually a game, it resembles a game).
If anything maybe there is too much contrast for example the presence of black in the top half of the tile.
I think the tiles look really cool but to my eyes this causes them to compete too much with the sprites, so I would think about toning it down a bit.
Then again thats only my opinion so it might be just me.

Your little guys are so cool but I can't help lolling every time I see this :lol:

Offline Cruckz

• Cruckz
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 02:22:40 am
Loving the style of all these little guys and everything you are doing here! Reminds me of my cannon fodder days  ;D The police car and all the little guys have so much character too em, they're great! Will try to give some critical feedback but it looks like you've had quite a lot for the helicopter and I think its looking pretty good.