AuthorTopic: captain Hammer - Run anim/mockup  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

captain Hammer - Run anim/mockup

on: August 08, 2006, 11:05:39 am
This is a character i invented, called captain hammer.  I am making a game with Bluestardev.net and this is the main run animation.  Quite tricky because there are no references to people running with giant hammers so the mirror was my friend.  It still needs a bit more work - just thought I'd get some crits while im still working on it.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:25:55 am by Feron »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: captain Hammer - Run anim

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:04:51 pm
if we could get a tween on the hammer that would help a lot, it is pretty jerky right now.  just one frame would go really far I think!

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: captain Hammer - Run anim/mockup

Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:25:41 am
The first game he is featuring in is a 2D platformer whack-a-mole type game, except there will be other weapons such as flmaethrower and miniguns.
This is a mockup for the 'Easy' mode of the game.  What do you guys think?

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 12:28:15 am
What do you guys think?

I really like the concept the graphics are candy to my eyes and looks like it'd be pretty addictive. good job  ;D

I like the type of running, but I suppose for game purposes, it'd be more practical to make the hammer move smoother.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Shifty McSly

• the Master Thief
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 06:36:45 am
I personally think for the running animation, he should hold the hammer almost parallel(spelling?) with his shoulders, and really make it look like he has a hard time hauling it around. I think this concept would work really well when it comes time to make the swinging animation, like he has to put all his strength into it. That's just my thoughts anyway, the animation atm isn't bad, just a little effortless to my eye. Also, on the frame where the hammer head is half covered by his body, the handle looks a little bit mangled.