AuthorTopic: Holy Demon Statue  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Holy Demon Statue

on: September 19, 2014, 04:40:13 am
Made this statue for my game, hes pretty much Demon Jesus :D its NES restrictions (although my game is only pseudo-NES)

its very near finished, still playing with the wings a bit (i drew about 5 different pairs of wings before i settled on these), id love some CnC!

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Re: Holy Demon Statue

Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:21:22 am
Wow, that is really nice!

The only weakness that my untrained eye can see is the face. It looks kind of flat and dull compared to the rest.

I did some alternatives. Mostly because it was really fun to work with such a nice piece. They are not perfect but perhaps it can give you some ideas.

Offline Fizzick

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 02:03:15 pm
I would bring the leftmost leg further to the left. It seems to not support it as much as the other, creating a sense of imbalance.

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 09:56:19 pm
thanks for the replies

@jahasaja

Thanks for the edits. Im not going for an animal head i dont think but youre definitely right its a little bland and amorphous.

@fizzick

Yeah man i think youre right there, had to redraw it a bit.

new leg, and a couple of heads -

robocop demon, knight helmet and no helmet but i tried to make his face more interesting with a thick brow etc

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:11:27 am
Yeah, I have read too much wheel of Time so I see trollocs wherever I go..

Nice improvement, the one on the right looks best IMO

Offline Groggeneral

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:10 am
+1 for the one on the right. It vaguely looks like a skull and fits the body. Pretty much demon Jesus!
Great use of colours, too. Since you mentioned the wings yourself: I like them, but wonder whether it would make demon jesus look more menacing and powerful, if his wings were larger. They're currently around Gargoyle level. In comparison, I would imagine angelwings to be wider in spansize and demon jesus should certainly have more majestic wings than those puny angels  ;)

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 05:48:42 am
yeah i like the one on the right the most too guys, its the one im using at the moment. the head kinda looks like a pinky demon off doom now i think about it, and im down with that :)

as for bigger wings i cant go crazy as i dont want this guy to take up too much more space, but how about this?