AuthorTopic: Face  (Read 3680 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Face

on: August 07, 2006, 12:57:21 am
nothing fancy, just trying to get down a realistic face.  sorta failing though, perhaps someone could help me out?  i included a gif of the progress since the problem i have probably lies in the process, and not just the finish...

A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Face

Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 01:42:02 am
I think you are trying to be too specific with all the muscles and such. Try generalizing the forms more as a whole since the skin blends them together..

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:28:10 am
I think the green screws it up, and the saturatedness of the red makes it all look cluttered (in addition to what Alex said). I really like your pallettes, but if you're trying to work on realism, I think you should settle for a less flambuoyant palette in terms of hue madness.
i included a gif of the progress since the problem i have probably lies in the process, and not just the finish...
What exactly is your problem?

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 12:29:48 pm
You are very productive these days.
I'm far too bad to give crits but I must say that I enjoy watching your new works everydayy =)

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 09:25:20 pm
I don't know if that what you may have in mind...=)

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 10:53:58 pm
Personally, I think that the main issue here is the use of colours, not the anatomy and whatnot.

I edited your piece as well as fools. I still used the greens but even so, its not as strong. Anyways, thats all i got for you.
alexander

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 08:24:55 am
I think pretty much the same as others. You've tried too hard to define each part of the face, rather than making large sections to represent and simultaneously simplify many parts. And for realism, your usual all-over-the-color-chart palettes aren't working out. I'd say stick to normal skin tones with one, maybe two, little ramps of color that break the usual skintone. Such as a green or blue.