AuthorTopic: [Profit Share] - Plunge - Looking for artist - Cross platform casual game.  (Read 2329 times)

Offline pr4nq

• View Profile
[Plunge]

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a game that will port to:

• android
  • ios
  • mac
  • linux
  • win32
  • windows phone 8

The game was designed with multi resolution in mind to target most mobile devices.

[Game Video]

http://bouncer.htbindustries.org/~pranq/pub/plunge.mp4

I'm currently in search for a PIXEL ARTIST, ILLUSTRATOR to profit share for this project and as you can see in the video I have most of the components out of the way and ready to lay down art and work on game play. Currently the game is using placeholders (megaman mostly) so that I could prototype, however the artist needs to look with a open mind and preferably need little guidance during the project.

Your artwork must be of quality if you are still a beginner to drawing then please save both of us the time and effort. I am also looking for someone who can quickly provide me the assets I need so the game development does not get dragged into months and months of work and waiting.

The person of interest must be approachable, friendly and open-minded. I'm not really looking to bring someone in that is narrow minded and one sided about everything. There's plenty of other people out there that are dying to jump on board a project.

I consider myself easy to work with and have a unhealthy work habit (work to much). With the right person on board we can have this game up and running very quickly.. With the wrong person it could be a slow grueling process. So please I'm only looking for dedicated serious artist!!!

[Game Concept]

You will notice in the video I have cutscene templates. Those will be animated short scene's to give the game a story. I wanted to discuss with the artist before I stuck with the story line, but to give a brief overview of my intentions:

This will be a small casual game.. You start off on top of a structure with a cut scene. For whatever reason either mafia is about to shoot you, OR your just a guy who loves to jump off things, OR your chasing someone , OR <insert reason your jumping off things here> the cutscene plays and you leap off the structure. The cutscene ends and you begin the gameplay. As you are falling you will shoot in the direction relative to the touch event (up, left, right, down). There will be different enemies with patterns and behaviors and you will have a limited amount of health (but can pickup powerups). As you are falling your goal is to reach the bottom of the level (there will be a distance indicator). You will pickup health, shield, gun upgrades, special powerups like a limited time parachute that possibly rips and things of that sort. There will also be structures as you are falling that you will need to dodge so that you are not pushed off the screen.

Each level will have a boss and each boss will have its own pattern that you have to solve in order to defeat them. The background and level design will relate to the boss and the things you see in that level. You may or may not get a player upgrade by defeating a boss.

Once you have traversed the distance for that level you will be prompted to 'tap' a button on the screen that will appear briefly and randomly on the screen. If you do not tap in time you will die a violent death and restart the stage with a quick AD appearing. If you successfully traverse the distance and tap the button then it may or may not be up to your points that you scored throughout the fall to determine if you passed the stage.

There's many of elements we can introduce to the game. I'm open to suggestion and ideas so we can discuss further if you are interested in hopping on board.

To wrap it up each level will have a boss and since each level is tailored to the boss/enemy types it will play like other games you might have seen in that sense e.g. megaman (where you fight a boss per level).

I also thought that maybe once you traversed the distance for that level you fell through the street/ground into the next level seamlessly unless you died in which case you would then see the AD appear.

[Deployment]

Once I have a serious artist on board I will likely build a website and try to get active in some dev blogs/groups to promote the game as it is being developed to get a following so that when the game is released it will have a foot in the door. I also may be interested in doing a Kickstarter for the project depending on the artist quality and work ethics and how far we want to take this game. The game will be released on Humble Bundle, Apple Store and Google Play at the least.

We can discuss the percentage of profit shared, however I will say that if you are a committed artist and do a wonderful job as a partner then not only can we focus our efforts on more games, but I will consider a equal split even though as a programmer I will be spending much more time investing into the project (most likely).

[Conclusion]

One last thing to mention is I have 2 legendary musicians on board. They work at a very fast pace and can do anything from background music, sfx, voice over/skits, dialogue.

And before I wrap this up a little about me:

I've been programming for 20+ years. Game development for about 5-6 years. I have other games that I have worked on and have no problems guiding a project from start to finish. I work at home so I have lots of time to devote to a project. I'm fluent in an array of programming languages, however this project is being developed using C++/Cocos2D-x. I'm easy going I enjoy playing guitar and riding motorcycles in my free time (when there is free time :P) I use tools that are available to get the job done and occasionally I compose for VGM. My latest hobby is drawing and I purchased a Intous tablet, but greatness does not come over night so for now I'm looking elsewhere for art assets instead of drawing my own. I'm decent at pixel art and illustrations, but do not consider myself skilled enough to really be serious and use those assets in my games :D

Thanks in advance.. I hope this answers most questions but if you have more feel free to comment back or email me:

kenny.gre at gmail.com