AuthorTopic: hey :update:  (Read 8454 times)

Offline lief

• View Profile

Re: hey :update:

Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 01:35:20 am
i like the translucent clipboard, ive been wanting to include a similar effect in my own work for a while now.  make sure you maintain a good contrast level between the foreground and background, as the colors you have selected at present blend too much.  That said, it is a background so you might want a fairly common contrast level over the entire image.

i have noticed over time, that i love your naively stylistic rendering of humanoids, and also the fact that you suck at lighting :)  it is wierd though, as your pieces always are high impact and look stunning... the creativity and quality gloss over the incorrect lightsourcing and pillow-highlighting (new term, stemming from your specular highlight use in middle of many objects).  I think a great thing for you to work on would be the concept of intra-object shadowing, the fact that not only are contours shaded individually, they need to be shaded as part of a whole... eg. the pipe hanging across the carcass / corpse of the gameboy avatar would cast a shadow, and not just be shaded as a pipe.

remember as we shade that when we draw a shadow on an object, that means light is being occluded.  no where else in that scene can that light have effect (except maybe on the reflection side). every shadow you draw is a path of light blocked.  effective rendering of this will create great depth and realism in your scenes (intra-object shadowing especially).  i ramble, and am out of my depth.  your stuff always looks great, i wish i had half your creativity.

Offline escape

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 01:54:52 am
I really hate to admit it, but as true as it is, Miascugh made his wallpaper like 10 times better.

The lighting on miascugh's insanely amazing edit is astoundingly beautiful and quite realistic.

Splat, I hate to betray you, but you could learn a thing or two.  :(

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 01:58:20 am
We're all here to learn a thing or two :)

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 11:49:07 pm
So SplatPixel did u get any more ahead on this wip because i really wana see the finished thing =P

Cheese Cake -naso