AuthorTopic: My First BIG Game  (Read 3880 times)

Offline thoc

• View Profile

My First BIG Game

on: September 09, 2014, 12:22:10 am
Hello! How you all doing?

So ok, I am starting to build and think about my first BIG game to use it as my last project *university*

For now itīs a simple adventure platform where the main character has to use magic (the idea is that he has a bag full of spells where you have to choose between them depending on the situation to solve problems within the level)

This is what I have now for him  :P

Idle ->

Running ->

What do you guys think? Colors, main character signs and anything else you guys could help with.

<UPDATE>

Main Character Study ->

Running ->

Jump ->

Double Jump ->

Attack 1 ->

(Still some problems with the Idle one.. I always think the player will get tired from it)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:24:13 am by thoc »

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: My First BIG Game

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 12:31:22 am
Front leg should go straight while running so it can touch the ground for next step.

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:05 am
Looks like a girl to me :crazy: since the hoodie has too much cleavage. And, since the head is positioned in the rear when running, it looks like a big chest. Both the shape of the legs and the amount of hair also help to give that impression. Maybe you'd like to tweak it a bit?

The standing animation looks like he's hyperventilating (his skull nearly goes into his thorax :lol:). It's nice but maybe you should tone it down a little bit.

Otherwise, nice and fluid animation :)

Offline michelcote

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 03:44:29 pm
On the running animation, the shirt's logo doesn't look consistant. When his left arm (furthest from the camera) goes forward his torso should twist to face the camera, so the logo should be facing us too (frames 15 and 16). It kind of "snaps" right now, and doesn't look good.

Offline thoc

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:20:28 am
Thank you very much guys!

On the running animation, the shirt's logo doesn't look consistant. When his left arm (furthest from the camera) goes forward his torso should twist to face the camera, so the logo should be facing us too (frames 15 and 16). It kind of "snaps" right now, and doesn't look good.

Yeah for sure! check out the new one, he is always facing the side he is running for.

Front leg should go straight while running so it can touch the ground for next step.

Thank you for the video  :) Trying to get this straight but finding a little bit hard yet.

Looks like a girl to me :crazy: since the hoodie has too much cleavage. And, since the head is positioned in the rear when running, it looks like a big chest. Both the shape of the legs and the amount of hair also help to give that impression. Maybe you'd like to tweak it a bit?

The standing animation looks like he's hyperventilating (his skull nearly goes into his thorax :lol:). It's nice but maybe you should tone it down a little bit.

Otherwise, nice and fluid animation :)

thanks for the compliment, but yeah totally agree, so now I tried to make a more male and less resolution version of this guy.

Main Character Study ->

Running ->

Jump ->

Double Jump ->

(Still some problems with the Idle one.. I always think the player will get tired from it)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:17:19 am by thoc »