AuthorTopic: [C+C] Game Art Review  (Read 7878 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: [C+C] Game Art Review

Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 06:10:48 pm
I get that Hebrons, but this forum is about learning. While the "OMG RIP" guys are annoying, it's also true that you didn't mention references and that it's just a bad way to learn. You should make it more different, because that's how you'll learn. Try to match the aesthetic of something, it's a great exercise, but once you copy some pixels over, you stop learning.

I'd start with Manupix's comments. Your houses look very boxy, you should try to design a mockup with some other wall types, try to get something going where the grid isn't that obvious. I personally think the windows could use some work too. They're really small compared to the floor height.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 10:32:14 pm
I won't speak for anyone else but I was gonna say make more of an effort to design and draw something and I'll make an effort to help u.
what you've posted gives me nothing to work with.

Offline Southend_boi

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 10:28:51 pm
I won't speak for anyone else but I was gonna say make more of an effort to design and draw something and I'll make an effort to help u.
what you've posted gives me nothing to work with.
If there isn't enough effort on his end to receive help I'll gladly take any help, advice and suggestions in his place for my own buildings.