AuthorTopic: [C+C] Game Art Review  (Read 7872 times)

Offline (BYOND)Hebrons

• View Profile

[C+C] Game Art Review

on: September 03, 2014, 09:37:06 pm
so i am currently developing a Naruto project on BYOND call Ninja Online Adventure , though BYOND has low expectations i want to raise the limits and change that so its not looked down upon so i will start posting art from the game to see what you guys think could be fixed , so can someone get me started in the right direction and also give some Good advice.
Some Houses I've done so far:

Player Avatar (Need some guidance on what i am doing wrong and how should i complete the head on the last frame):
An Wise Man once said Dont Start what you Cant Pixel !

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Re: [C+C] Game Art Review

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 12:32:18 pm
Those houses look kind of flat and boxy. Even if the flat roof is probably used for the gameplay, I'm sure you could give them better volume elsewhere. The windows are small.

Also there are way too many colors in there, and not wisely used.
The windows have their own set of colors which is completely unnecessary; some of these are used on very few pixels (hover on the palette in the link to find where). I'd strongly advise lowering that amount to 8-12.

Same thing with the sprite: half these colors are not distinguishable (the 2 dark colors and the 2 near whites in the eyes and eyebrows from the outline and the next brightest color).
The sprite looks good other than that.

Offline BYOND

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:58:36 am
None of that art is yours, you've stolen it and claimed it as yours. Here is what the finished art looks like. Rip much? People like you give BYOND a bad reputation. This art is all Southen_boi .
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:39:57 am by BYOND »

Offline croww

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:01:09 am
lol thats how you know your from BYOND your ripping other artists work like southendboi
you know damn well you made none of this art and your mediocre please leave

Offline (BYOND)Hebrons

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:04:42 pm
well for one i am good friends with southend_boi and he watched me create these buildings from skratch i used his style and buildings as reference, ask questions before your stupid remarks.

Offline CelioHogane

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 06:14:53 pm
well for one i am good friends with southend_boi and he watched me create these buildings from skratch i used his style and buildings as reference, ask questions before your stupid remarks.

Sure, go that way, maybe someone will even trust you.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 11:29:14 pm
It's fine to emulate a style to learn, but some of the roof tiles are pixel for pixel the same. You should at least mention your references, as much as we enjoy seeing your pants down ;)

Offline Southend_boi

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 07:08:20 pm
I ain't upset he copied my style or didnt credit me as long as he made his own an didnt release my stuff to the public or just plain rip it.

The person crow calling him out leaked my My unfinished art to everyone on byond so I don't think he should be coming at Hebron... I did watch him make it.

Offline Fizzick

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 08:07:05 pm
if you look at the vertical roof tiles, there is a different pattern to them. They're self done alright, but I think it's too much of a copy to help you progress, though the original artist is ok with it.

Offline (BYOND)Hebrons

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 09:14:35 am
I ain't upset he copied my style or didnt credit me as long as he made his own an didnt release my stuff to the public or just plain rip it.

The person crow calling him out leaked my My unfinished art to everyone on byond so I don't think he should be coming at Hebron... I did watch him make it.
thanks bro, i dont have time to post on just to hear peoples ignorant comments.