AuthorTopic: Tree in a storm (C&C)  (Read 2670 times)

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Tree in a storm (C&C)

on: August 27, 2014, 12:11:45 pm
I tried to make a tree that moves in the wind. I am not sure how it came out since I been staring at it until I do not know what is good.

Any comments are appreciated:

Offline Hamenopi

• Oh Hai!
    • View Profile
    • Hamenopi

Re: Tree in a storm (C&C)

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:52:38 pm
Hai!

I have YT'd some trees in the wind vid for reference and put the in url tags to minimize on space.
Your tree is a good start and it you aren't really looking for 'realistic' then don't mind this post.
However, if you are, I'd comment that your tree isn't worrying about the laws of physics.
That is okay if that's what you go for, but I think you would need to add a few more frames to more 'circularize' the animation and give it a more natural flow.

Gentle Breeze

Moderate Breeze

Evacuate

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 03:52:23 pm

Smoothed out noise.

Palette adjustment to have more blue in the shadows.

Sped up anim.

Added trunk movement.

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:10:46 am
Thanks for the input.

I tried to listen to Hamenopi and make the animation more circular.

Thanks for edit Mathis. I "stole" your blue colour. I did not smooth out the noise. It is supposed to look like small leaves (not sure if that is successful though).
Also I do not think that the trunk should move so far down on a (bigger) tree. It is mostly the top that moves.

Anyways please let me know if it is any better:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:36:41 am by jahasaja »

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:21:41 am
Most of the transparent pixels stay the same, and the transparent pixel clusters do not appear to move, which hurts the believability of it. Just simply turning them green here and there won't help though -- the transparent clusters need to relocate periodically, which, if you're using Graphics Gale to do this, you can drag and move areas of the image by right-clicking and selecting a rectangle and then clicking and dragging on it to shift them around. It would create the illusion of those transparent 'clumps' moving around.

Outside of that, your animation looks very believable. :)
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/