AuthorTopic: Summon Dragon - "Ma"  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Ro83rt

• -insert snappy phrase here-
    • View Profile

Summon Dragon - "Ma"

on: August 03, 2006, 06:12:29 am
Many hours of pixel placement, sweat, tears, and reading St0ven's tutorial are just some of the few key ingredients used to create this piece. C & C are appreciated as this is my first piece of such a large stature.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Re: Summon Dragon - "Ma"

Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 06:25:07 am
The wings look too brown to me, maybe you could color the inside of them green?  An open mouth with sharp teeth would be great.  Make sure to dither the hell out of it and submit it to Pixeljoint for 1000+ faves.

Offline Ro83rt

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 06:47:15 am
I'm not too sure about re-coloring the wings. I tried to balance the green with the orange-brown. I think green wings would shift the balance over too much.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 01:09:18 pm
Pretty cool design, but could use some tweaks, anatomically. The legs stand out the most to me, as they look like shins attached to the body. where are the knees? Also, the way they connect to the body seems off; like there is no joint at the hip. Some kind of chest/pectoral... form... thingy might be nice as well. I understand that you were probably going for a snaky design, but the arms/wings/etc couldn't function without some kind of muscle structure in that area. Doesn't have to be anything big or bulky, and hell, it could even be a fun experiment trying to design a chest slim/small enough to work while maintaining the original design.

Love the fire as spikes, btw. Good stuff.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 02:14:21 pm
Hmm... I think that you should maybe change the hue on either the brown/orange or the green. The way they are now, they are about the same hue and not mixing very well. If you want to create colour harmony between reds and greens, one of them needs to be a darker colour with a blue/gray hue and the other a lighter colour with more saturation.

This one is a bit tricky though, as the green is both its belly and the fire on it's head. I guess you could have a dark green belly and a light orange with an even lighter green fire, or a dark orange with a glowing belly? It's hard to say which side is more dominant since theres a lack of definite highlights and an even intensity in colour on both sides. If I am to get picky though, I do find it a *little* strange that there are so few shadows generated by the live flames it's got. Nothing big though.

Keep it up :)

Offline MrNormS

• Rock and Roll.
    • View Profile
    • http://vitamintwo.com

Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 03:45:36 pm
IMO the belly looks like it ends very abruptly... like it isn't really round. 

Offline Ro83rt

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 07:42:02 pm
Hola. Thanks for all of the comments. I'm working on a new piece but it wont be done for a while because I'm going to Cancun for a week. I'll post a revision after then. Adios.