AuthorTopic: Copying Preferences from GraphicsGale Free to registered version?  (Read 2598 times)

Offline pgil

• View Profile
So I've been using the free edition of Graphics Gale forever.  I finally decided to buy the full version, and I notice that the free and shareware versions are actually two separate programs, with all their settings stored in two separate places in the registry.  I had set up a ton of hotkeys in the free edition, and I can't figure out how to import them into the registered version.  I figured out how to export the settings using regedit using these instructions, but when I open the saved file, it only imports them back into the free edition. 

Anyone know a way to transfer these settings?...  or do I have to re-enter all my hotkeys manually?

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile
When exporting them from the registry, they will be saved with their original path in place. You can open the REG file you got and change that path to the one of the paid version, then execute the file again and it should (hopefully) work.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline pgil

• View Profile
Awesome, that worked!

I'd tried renaming the path before in regedit but that didn't work.  Turns out you can just open the .reg file in a text editor and change the path that way. 

Thanks!