AuthorTopic: Pirate |Work In Progress|  (Read 6623 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Pirate |Work In Progress|

Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 11:05:50 pm
I was working on crt for ages and NEVER had that problem. Just get GOOD monitors. Good LCDs also dont have that angle problem anymore or at least not riduculously noticable amounts.

Well of course good monitors look good, but most casual computer users work on computers that are about 4-6 years old, and were probably on the cheap end when they were bought, and to get a monitor good enough to not have the problems we have here costs a fair amount; maybe $300-$500, which is about $300-$500 more than i have to spend at any given point just to make things a little less fuzzy
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 06:18:36 am
I have a question I have a flat screen and when im on paint a straight or daignol line looks AA'd anyway to stop this?.
check your moniter documentation. see if it has a optimum resolution written anywhere. check your display settings. check that its set to the optimum resolution. if you can't find a resolution anywhere on your monitor stuff then try all available resolutions and see if the AA goes away. try this before you fork out money for a new monitor ;)
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 10:43:46 am
Thanks Adrias ALOT for the anatomy :D. I just hate pixeling big :( So Im might try a complete new one smaller character but with alot of detail. I will keep this thread. Akira mind telling me how to do that :D.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 11:07:41 am
assuming you are using windows right click on your desktop and go to properties, then settings, and you should see a slider with something like 1280x1024 under it. you want to keep changing the slider until the AA goes away. if it doesn't go away its the monitor...
sorry if this is unclear - its far too late to be writing anything like this. PM me if you want so we don't clutter your thread ;)
thanks Dogmeat!