AuthorTopic: [PAID] Tile artist for JRPG game, 64x64 tiles  (Read 2270 times)

Offline dragonslumber

• View Profile

[PAID] Tile artist for JRPG game, 64x64 tiles

on: July 30, 2014, 02:32:13 am
Please read this ad in full before applying, in order to ensure that you are able to do the work.
Hi.  My name is Kevin Gigučre and I'm the founder of Dragon Slumber, an indie game development company.  I have 10 years programming experience, 3 of those years being spent in a small game development company as a programmer which I had to leave due to downsizing.

For the past 2 years, I have been working on Arelite Core, a commercial JRPG styled game for Windows, which mixes traditional design with a modern presentation.  The game was developped from the ground up and aims to take the best of old games, like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger, and mix it with modern day design sensibilities.  You can discover more about the game at www.arelitecore.com.

Who I'm looking for
I am looking for an artist to create pixel art furniture and items for various sections of the game. The elements include chairs, weapons, a forge, weapons on a wall and so forth, elements to fill in a scene. Note that the game uses 64x64 tiles and characters are 64x128, for elements created would need to be a relative to that size (a bed could be 128x192 for instance). The artist will have concept art and guidelinesfor some elements, but will generally be required to bring his own creativity to the table. Additionally, since some tiles have already been produced, the artist will be required to match the style of them. Examples of what has been produced can be found at http://arelitecore.com/gallery.php.

Relevant examples of your work will be required.  Before I hire anyone, I will need to ensure they can do the job.

More about the game
For this JRPG, I am aiming for about 10-12 hours of gameplay.  There are 6 playable characters, with an animation range around similar to Final Fantasy VI (ie, 3rd person fights with sprites and emotion animations during story).  We have well over 100 unique monsters planned, as well as visual variations on already established monsters (a goblin with a mask for example).  Stylistically, we're aiming towards Final Fantasy VI, a slightly gritty style, mature themes and all that.  It's also our baseline for the visuals, battle presentation and so forth.

And finally
Payment is to be negociated, and will be partially paid on signing the contract, followed by regular payments according to the work provided.  This job offer will be open until August 15th, please don't apply after that date.  You may contact me at any time by e-mail at jobs@dragonslumber.com, or by Skype at ds_kevingiguere.  Those two methods will be the only methods of communcation accepted for the job.

I look forward to hearing from you.