AuthorTopic: Pixel.tools editor allows artists to pixel together on the same image/animation.  (Read 39792 times)

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
Yeah, the canvas still doesn't update on this latest version. Tested with presets 1-6 although I daresay they're irrelevant at the moment.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
yea, don't worry about doing the preset routine anymore, I removed that stuff since it wasn't helping.
Okay, try drawing again. Let me know if it does or not.
I have an idea as to something that might be causing the issue, but we need to step through things one at a time so I don't overlook anything.

Offline Rögnvaldr

• View Profile
This is really awesome so far, I'm loving the Colourdex though I think it will take some practice before I really understand it. The transparency dithering is really useful as well.

I ran into an issue when attempting to use the online though. Between a friend and myself we both attempted to connect to each other and according to the messages in the chat box it seemed like nothing failed but neither of us received any invitation to the others room.

Here is the messages my friend received when he sent the invite:

Creating RTCPeerConnection.
Listening for ICE candidates.
Listening for `negotiationneeded`
Listening for data channel
Listening for remote stream
Created offer.
Set localDescription: offer for: Jakten

I was also wondering if you have plans to release a downloadable version at all. Online applications always feel awkward to me and worry me that I will lose work.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
This is really awesome so far, I'm loving the Colourdex though I think it will take some practice before I really understand it. The transparency dithering is really useful as well.

I ran into an issue when attempting to use the online though. Between a friend and myself we both attempted to connect to each other and according to the messages in the chat box it seemed like nothing failed but neither of us received any invitation to the others room.

Here is the messages my friend received when he sent the invite:

Creating RTCPeerConnection.
Listening for ICE candidates.
Listening for `negotiationneeded`
Listening for data channel
Listening for remote stream
Created offer.
Set localDescription: offer for: Jakten

I was also wondering if you have plans to release a downloadable version at all. Online applications always feel awkward to me and worry me that I will lose work.

Make sure you both select the same Studio before logging in (the dropdown next to the login), if you don't select the same studio, then you won't be able to connect to each other.
For using the website offline, you could try downloading it using a tool like httrack
That should allow you to download everything you need (I haven't tested it).. That would allow you to get the latest version if it gets updated.. Otherwise, I'd have to upload a zip of everything everytime it gets updated. Let me know if you can't download it using a tool like that, and I could put a zip up..

Offline Ai

• finti
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
Okay, try drawing again. Let me know if it does or not.

Nope, no apparent change in behaviour.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Okay, try it again.. I think it will draw this time. Let me know whether it does or not.

Offline Ai

• finti
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
Nope, sorry, it doesn't.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Okay.. Try now.
btw, when you say it doesn't work. It doesn't update when you draw right?

Offline Ai

• finti
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
Precisely. A situation which continues with this latest update.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Okay, thanks.. Try it again. All these tests should be done in the alexhw.com/pixeledit page, if that wasn't apparent already.
Just have to keep stepping through things until the problem is isolated. unfortunately it is a repetitive process. Let me know if it draws/updates.