AuthorTopic: Pixel.tools editor allows artists to pixel together on the same image/animation.  (Read 39801 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

No, I can't. Same behaviour as previous update.
Okay.. try it again, please. If it works, then I've found the part that is causing problems.

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
Okay.. try it again, please. If it works, then I've found the part that is causing problems.
Nope, this iteration doesn't work either (doublechecked in both Firefox and Midori).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:32:28 am by Ai »
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
okay, that is really puzzling.. Okay, let's try something ..
I've set it up so that depending upon the preset selected, it will disable certain parts.. so hopefully this will help find the location where it is breaking..

I need you to make a note what happens when you do each of the following steps..
If you go to the page again and click on the preset 1 button( the number 1 button below the color sliders), and then try drawing, it shouldn't draw because everything is enabled.
Then click number 2, and try drawing.. let me know if it does or not.
Then click number 3, and try drawing.. let me know if it does or not..
then click number 4, try drawing, etc..
then click number 5, try drawing, etc..
then click number 6, try drawing, etc..
you only have to go up to 6, but let me know when you're able to draw (also make sure your tool is set to pencil while you do this).

If for some reason you can't draw on any of them, try the process over again, but resize the canvas by dragging the resize handle after you click a new preset button. So, click 1, resize, draw, click 2, resize, draw, etc..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:58:19 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Ai

• finti
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
The result for all presets (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0), is uniform: the canvas doesn't update, except upon a resize operation. First I simply ran through the presets, then I tried your 'select preset, resize, draw, select preset..' procedure.

Then I performed the same checks in Midori, with the same results.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:01:10 am by Ai »
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile
Cool Alex  :y:
I'm going to try this out ASAP.

I was wondering what you had been up to...

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
The result for all presets (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0), is uniform: the canvas doesn't update, except upon a resize operation. First I simply ran through the presets, then I tried your 'select preset, resize, draw, select preset..' procedure.

Then I performed the same checks in Midori, with the same results.
hm, can you try doing it with the console open to see if any errors pop up while you try drawing with each preset? It's really strange that there would be no change.. If no errors pop up, you can try maybe clicking on your history states to see if that affects anything while you draw.. although it probably won't make a difference- I'm not sure what the problem is currently. We disabled a section and it worked, and then re-enabled it but allow the presets to control how much of it gets run.. Doesn't make sense it would still break if the section of code isn't running.

Cool Alex  :y:
I'm going to try this out ASAP.

I was wondering what you had been up to...

Thanks, let me know how it works for you, and if you have any suggestions too. I haven't been up to much besides this editor thing..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:07:49 am by AlexHW »

Offline Ai

• finti
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
Okay, the console output is more voluminous now:
Code: [Select]
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:51
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:606
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:910
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:917
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:921
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:1169
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:1176
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:51
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:606
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:910
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:917
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:921
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:1169
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'Alpha('.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css:1176
Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:90
Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:91
Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:92
Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:93
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'progid'.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:95
Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:102
Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:103
Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:104
Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:105
Expected 'none' or URL but found 'progid'.  Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:107
Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:137
Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:152
Unknown property 'user-select'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit:170
Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration. pixeledit:173
Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration. pixeledit:174
Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration. pixeledit:175
Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration. pixeledit:177
Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration. pixeledit:178
Expected declaration but found '/'.  Skipped to next declaration. pixeledit:179
Error in parsing value for 'font-style'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit
Unknown property 'user-select'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit
Expected color but found 'show'.  Error in parsing value for 'border'.  Declaration dropped. pixeledit
Use of Mutation Events is deprecated. Use MutationObserver instead. jquery-1.10.2.js:4816
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery-1.10.2.js:5375

Cycling through the presets as before generates no further errors.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
hrm ok.. those don't seem to narrow things down.
Try drawing again on the alexhw.com/pixeledit page. Let me know if it draws or not.. Seems like we have to test things one step at a time. Sorry about this process, hopefully it isn't as frustrating for you as it is for me, but sooner or later something should make sense.

Offline Ai

• finti
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
hrm ok.. those don't seem to narrow things down.
Try drawing again on the alexhw.com/pixeledit page. Let me know if it draws or not.. Seems like we have to test things one step at a time. Sorry about this process, hopefully it isn't as frustrating for you as it is for me, but sooner or later something should make sense.
Eh, after doing enough programming, I just learnt to ignore the frustration and focus on determination.

Just to be clear, it always draws, but most versions don't update the canvas view (including your latest update.)
This may seem pedantic, but I've learnt there's no such thing for debugging, so I try to say things as accurately as possible.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Eh, after doing enough programming, I just learnt to ignore the frustration and focus on determination.

Just to be clear, it always draws, but most versions don't update the canvas view (including your latest update.)
This may seem pedantic, but I've learnt there's no such thing for debugging, so I try to say things as accurately as possible.
Yea, being determined helps in these cases. Thanks for being clear. I've updated it again, try the alexhw.com/pixeledit page to see if it draws now.. If it does.. then it's related to a for loop that counts backwards. I don't know why that would be the cause, so I don't expect it to draw, but let me know.