AuthorTopic: Bionic Alien :: Edit +1  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Bionic Alien :: Edit +1

on: August 29, 2005, 08:11:42 pm
since i have so much time on my hands now that im in california, here's something new from me.

just some guy i whipped up after scribbling some lines together to form a really cool sillouhette.  You can color the blob for yourself if you want.  Here is the progress sheet:

NEW VERSION:  (edit #1)

Original:

Is it done?

C+C please
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 08:17:18 pm by Indigo »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Bionic Alien

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 08:15:06 pm
Looks done. Working from black can be a real pleasure sometimes. Strong, stylish lines, neat effect. Good work.

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 10:28:56 pm
That's incredible Indigo! Love it. Love the lighting. That pallete and signature touch is great as well. Especially the signature.  :o

aka: Zoomrix

Offline Tom

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 10:39:24 pm
awesome,

and its especially kewl when you show your working, gives a good insight to how other artists make such awesome art. As my fifth grade science teacher said chalk does not make good soup dipping.

Tom

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 01:24:40 am
thanks everybody for the kind comments... i still didn't find it finished though.  I made an edit on his pectorial muscels....they were bugging me pretty bad.  Tell me if you like it better.  Oh yeah - and do you think i should brighten it up a bit?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 03:30:54 am
I'd say yes... but I like the dim effect on this one. Try to bridge the luminosity gap between the brightest and second brightest shade a bit though. Smart palette management I have to say, although I'd do the trick where the shades 'zip up', not tint each other directly with the same lightness but hm, works well enough on your piece.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 05:45:41 am
love the style, it can create a great mood working from a black canvas.  (tip to everyone: try changing your canvas color to create different moods, it will affect your palette choice as the colors will be perceived by the eye differently)
agree with helm on this one, it looks great as is.
helm: i see what you say about the l-gap, but this also is used nicely to create a shimmering plastic or metal look. Closing the gap would dull down the shine somewhat.
i think the second/third darkest red shade needs tweaking to maximise efficiency, looks great though.
i would also say to get the full effect of this, a full black screen preview in photoshop is in order, with the lights out at night time.  it makes images like this truly shine.