AuthorTopic: [Revenue Share] Looking for artists for an Android/Iphone RPG  (Read 2827 times)

Offline SkyPyoro

• View Profile
Dear visitor,
I am just a guy called SkyPyoro.
I have currently an idea of a modern RPG to make on smartphones but I'm lacking an anime-style designer to do the pixel art.
I insist on the modern part because this will not be a classic "square by square" game (I don't know how to call these retro games where you move only in 4 directions)
I am a coder and an artist, and I work with a friend which is a coder; we're a very tiny team, but we have a lot of experience in mobile phone programmation. As I can't do both at the same time (coding and drawing), we need some people to help us.

What we need is artists to draw:
  • 2D sprites characters/enemies
  • 2D sprites items
  • backgrounds

The game

The idea to take all the good parts of RPGs and to put them into our game (some kind of medley-parody) such as -if you know these games- slice of life style (day/night with hour management) in the Rune Factory series, the Xenoblade Chronicles battle system, power ups like Djiins in Golden Sun, puzzles like in Zelda and more.
The player will start with one character on an small island with only one big village.

You can explore other islands which are dungeons. Each dungeon has a number of floors, some enemies, bosses to fight, puzzles to solve.
The player can't complete the dungeon in one stand: to solve some puzzles, you will need a power or an item you will find in the main village.

Well, I won't give that much details, if you're interessed, fell free to ask me.

What I need here is someone to draw the sprites and do the animations.
I just gave a try and began to do some pixel art.
As it's my first time, please be tolerant  D: ~You can still give critism.

I did a draft picture to show you how the game might be.
Please don't pay attention at the horrible background, it's here just to set up the camera angle.

As we target mobile phone screens, the resolution of the screen will be 800x480.
The character sprite is 64x128 (or 128x128 when animated) and can move freely in the 8 directions. Each animation will have 8 frames, which makes 8x8=64 pictures for moving a character (which is a lot in my opinion).
The number of playable characters will be limited.

We're counting on your generosity as the whole work is huge.
If you're interested to join, there is no engagement, you can draw whatever you want, you can leave whenever you want. As this project is just a hobby for us, we don't have any revenue, so you'll be working for free (sadly) BUT we intend to make some profits later (freemium application), of course, you'll get your share if we earn anything.

We'll start with Android first. One advantage of mobile applications is that we can upload new versions regularly on the store to add new dungeons, characters, ... So the game will be done step by step.

Thanks for reading!

To contact me: skypyoro@gmail.com