AuthorTopic: Project Grimoire [C/C]  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Blaze Enigma

• View Profile

Project Grimoire [C/C]

on: July 21, 2014, 04:37:51 am
I have attempted this project a few times now, but I finally have a reliable team, and so I have decided to re-attempt it, I just wanted your opinions on some of the art work, I will be posting any art, me and the other artist on the project produce in this topic, If anyone is kind of enough to provide some constructive criticism it will be gladly accepted

Frame by frame - Walk Cycle

Idle State - Unanimated as of current

Animated - Walk Cycle

0.2 seconds per frame (Purely for you to see it frame by frame)

0.1 seconds per frame

Currently Making
- Combat
- Acrobatics

Offline Snow Fenrir

• View Profile

Re: Project Grimoire [C/C]

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:13:00 am
In the front view the legs are extremely arched and the knees face outwards while they should point to the front-- I think that you should keep the feet-apart pose for the stand still frame but definitely bring his feet together under him as he walks. Also in the side animation he raises his feet way too much so it doesnt look like hes walking but like hes half-running or limping a bit. I recommend googling some muybridge images for reference. In the back view you should try getting rid of the highlight in the underside of the knee and make that part shadowed.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: Project Grimoire [C/C]

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:13:46 pm
In the north and south walk character is so flat, it's like he is cut out form paper and animated. And it's mostly because of his leg movement. I agree with Snow Fenrir you should research a bit this topic. There are a lot of animations available that you can learn form.