AuthorTopic: Pirate |Work In Progress|  (Read 6613 times)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Pirate |Work In Progress|

on: August 02, 2006, 05:04:04 pm
Here is the sketch still got a lot to do. The guys name is Thomas Cannon. 11/11/1789 He died. All Fiction :P.

Please C/C.

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Re: Pirate |Work In Progress|

Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:22:43 pm
I like it, but I really think you should clean up your lines and finish your figures before posting them. It would be a whole lot more useful to you that way. =)  (when the pic is cleaner, we can comment on particulars...when the pic is sketchy, we can probably only comment on anatomy)

So, regarding anatomy:

Eyes should be halfway up the head. On your pic, they're closer to the top of the head than the bottom.
His head looks too small to me.

Actually, those are all the crits I can think of. =p

Try a complete coloring and shading, I am curious to see what you can do ^_^ (I quite like your works)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:04:13 am
Thanks heres a small update. If someone is nice enough to help me Please help me with the lines.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 02:39:40 pm
I would suggest you put pixel art aside for a while and work on your fundamentals. Pick up a book on drawing or two, work through them with discipline and learn about human anatomy, light, volume and so on. Return to this particular medium when your grasp of the basics is a bit stronger. Right now there's not much that will help you if someone fixes your lineart for you or changes a few pixels from here to there.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:52:27 pm
Okay thanks Helm. I already have a book about Anatomy Im pretty good at it. But I find it funner to colour than doing the actual Line Art.

Offline Esker

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 08:03:42 pm
Well you need a few new books on it. Maybe a Burne Hogarth one.

Helm's advice on going back to fundimentals is sound by the way, even if you don't think so now you soon will.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:06:11 pm by Esker »

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:30:58 pm
Thanks but I think any book will do we studied the human from the 17th Century.. I think they should be all the same if we studied from that time  ;)

I have a question I have a flat screen and when im on paint a straight or daignol line looks AA'd anyway to stop this?.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:48:56 pm by Rerg1 »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 08:58:17 pm
Thanks but I think any book will do we studied the human from the 17th Century.. I think they should be all the same if we studied from that time  ;)
They might all be similar, but fact remains you need to read them more.  ;)

I have a question I have a flat screen and when im on paint a straight or daignol line looks AA'd anyway to stop this?.

I have a flatscreen, the lines look like they should. My suggestion, get a better screen.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:27:43 pm

So man has one less rib on his left side, and woman has no defined set of proportions? XP

just playing, i trust your anatomy book,but what i dont trust is your drawing.  the anatomy has many critical issues that must be addressed.

I tired to sketch a quick edit of what i thought you were trying to show the character doing, but i think it would be better if a real anatomy guru took a crack at it.  its a rediculously awkward pose tbh

As far as the monitor issue, thats a typical CRT issue.  you cant solve it without purchasing an LCD monitor, but that comes with its own difficulties, particularly the color shift by angle of viewing.  i have the same issue with my CRT though and im looking into LCD myself now.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 09:43:08 pm
I was working on crt for ages and NEVER had that problem. Just get GOOD monitors. Good LCDs also dont have that angle problem anymore or at least not riduculously noticable amounts.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.