AuthorTopic: Seeking to hire a Tileset Artist  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Nazaro

• View Profile

Seeking to hire a Tileset Artist

on: July 17, 2014, 07:26:54 pm
Hello, my name is Nik Hoover, and I am the writer and game designer for Mojoku Gaming. We are a new indie gaming group founded by RPG Maker VX Ace youtube guru TheUnpropro. Payment isn't done per hour or salary. To preface, we are not hiring people to make resources for our game, we are hiring people to fill the position of tileset artist in our group. And hopefully the group will stay together for multiple games without hiring new people. Having said that, payment will begin once we begin our fundraising campaign. To do so we need a bit of resources from each department to show off. The only real cost for the games we are making is paying employees, so aside from a small amount we save, it all goes to the employees. Once the game comes out you will get revenue. Payment will be divided evenly among all employees who are working on the project. We have two teams, the 2D and 3D team, but here we are only hiring for the 2D. We will be paying monthly through paypal. We will be using RPG Maker VX Ace, so the tiles need to be compatible with the engine.

Our ideology as a group is not that everyone does their part and we put together the puzzle pieces to make a game. Our games are collaborative efforts and everyone's work is meant to be seen and constructively criticized by the company to create the best games we can!

There are no deadlines, but we do expect to constantly see progress. We want a quality game so we are willing to wait so we can have the best game possible.

The game requires some major variation in aesthetics for tiles. I would assume everyone on here would be making pixel tilesets so no need to specify that further.

We do want detailed tiles, so higher pixel counts are appreciated. (I am not sure of RPGMVXACE's pixel limitations are for tiles, if you need the info I will find it for you)

To apply, please send your name, skype name, specify you are applying for tileset artist for our managers, and send us examples of your best work.You will be contacted through skype for an interview and then through skype again if we decide to hire you. If you would like to be notified of not being hired, please let us know.

The email is : 2dmojokuteam@gmail.com
theunpropro@gmail.com

if you could CC the second email as a back up that would be appreciated.

Our website, while still under construction, is below.

www.mojokugaming.com

Thank you for your time and I hope to be working with you soon!

I am not sure if this counts as paid or not, so I will let the moderators adjust as necessary. Payment should begin in august unless we dont get any applicants for this position.