AuthorTopic: City Tileset  (Read 7405 times)

Offline Fizzick

• View Profile

Re: City Tileset

Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 04:05:27 pm
Because the ground is darker and everything is reflecting, it looks a whole lot wetter than before, which looked like after a short heavy rain.

I'd say keep the shadows of the buildings, but use that shadow color across the entire street to lower the contrast so that the highlights/reflections of lights/objects appear more prominent. Looking much better now.

Do you mean extend it across the street?

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Re: City Tileset

Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 04:52:19 pm
I mean cover the majority of the street in that color. The second color (i.e. the current color of the street) could be darkened with the color of the sky -- but it would need to be much darker than it is now if this is to be a night scene. The street color right now reflects a particularly light sky. It comes across as cloudy, but the sun is just hidden at maybe around sunset (due to the brightness of the street's current color compared to the darkness of the shadow coming from the building -- so, thinking on it that way, the street color might actually need to be darker than the building's current 'shadow' color since the 'shadow' isnt really a shadow but a reflection of the building's basic color on the street).
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/