AuthorTopic: Esmeralda [C&C]  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Tijjer

• View Profile

Esmeralda [C&C]

on: July 08, 2014, 03:10:25 am
So yeah Esmeralda, hot stuff!  ;D  Anyways before getting into any big detail I thought I'll post her form first to see if anything needs well adjusting of course before moving on to refining and then detail! 

Using Disney's Esmeralda as a reference-

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:43:41 pm by Tijjer »

Offline miro42

• View Profile
    • Floydian Theory

Re: Esmeralda [C&C]

Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 07:46:37 am
Hey Tijjer.  Here are my comments on your drawing in gif format.

Now here are my comments in text format.

First, Esmerelda is suffering from gorilla-arms-disease.  In frame 2 you'll see how far her arm goes down.  Now assuming that you weren't planning on adding legs, then you'll see the problem with this:  her hand can touch her ankles without bending down!  And if you weren't, I provided frame 3 which is just a general guideline of where her legs should be based upon her arm length (and I realize that my drawing doesn't give her a crotch or anything, so just imagine; the length is the important part, although it's still a guideline). 

Frame 4 is also a comment on her position.  It looks as if her left hand is resting on her left hip.  This is fine, but probably not a very common or comfortable pose (try it) because it seems her right hip is actually hire than her left.  So my edit is really an alternative, which might make more sense.  Push that left hip up and out and then tilt the shoulders the opposite way of what they are now.

Also, I'm not sure if you skin colors are what you want.  As it stands, it kind of looks like she's wearing a mud mask.

I hope that helps.