AuthorTopic: Stolen Art  (Read 5647 times)

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Re: Stolen Art

Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 02:41:49 am
The address thing is just the official way to file a DMCA notice, and it "requires" all that information so that a random anonymous person can't just file a bunch of claims on work that isn't infringing or owned by them without some trouble.

I would bet they'd take it down if you did as Probo said (providing relevant links that show upload dates of your work), unless they wanted to be real dicks in which case they might even ignore your request even with all that info.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 02:49:29 am
Oh wow, I didn't look closely and just assumed that whatever the watermark said was an alternate username of your's. My guess is that that website rips a lot of artists off, and if you call them out on your piece they'll back down to avoid a big deal coming out of this...
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline LarkoftheRiver

• Hobbist Animator + Apprentice Falconer
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • sarah.fonvile.9
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 12:42:58 pm
I'll probably just email them today, regardless if they need the information or not anyone should be able to report copyright infringement with the proper information. I won't give a site like this my personal information, though. That's stupid. Something tells me that they will just ignore it, but worth a shot I guess.