AuthorTopic: [WIP] Improving my character & scenery-piece  (Read 17924 times)

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: [WIP] Improving my character & scenery-piece

Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 01:48:37 am
The rest of the UI is too scattered, you've already elaborate that before, but I still think that it can be changed (leave lower black stripe empty, or add some texture to it). Plaster and painkillers shouldn't be in UI but in inventory. I agree with astraldata about the rose.

Bottles and glasses aren't details because they don't look like bottles and glasses and therefore they don't contribute to the scene.

Table that's on the ground have very weird lighting and that green stuff on the bottom doesn't help it's just making things worse.

I also agree with astraldata about dead guy position. I never saw falling like that from stepping forward.

And at the end let me tell you one thing. This is the path of art novice. You've started with one drawing that you thought that's cool but after few comments and some time you've progressed, learned (even if I think that you didn't follow all given useful advices) and now you feel like you are at the beginning again. If you let this piece sleep for a while (month or two) when you come back you will see all flaws and you will start whole process again. Every time I see some of my old pieces I want to redraw it, and sometimes I do that just to see how much I progressed. Nothing comes over night. So you can't become perfect animator in few weeks. Hold on be strong and things will progress.

Offline Lakelezz

• View Profile
    • Lakelezz@deviantArt

Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 03:05:36 am
I tried to improve the GUI again. However I could not find a solution for the water-meter. I guess, I need to skip it.
A water bottle, can, ... could be very misleading due the second meaning of "carrying water".
I also tried a leaf. However it was somehow difficult to really feature a visible fill of water inside those little veins. While increasing the size of the veins, they leaf became too big.
If someone has an idea, I would be glad to hear about it! It would be great if you could show me something visualized (specially for the leaf idea, I am really curious), too.
Nonetheless I added some little borders between the single elements! This should be good to help "navigating" via eyes.

The table has been edited. The green stuff is the wallpaper being ripped of and laying down.
Also I edited some more mysterious black stuff on the walls, since I felt like the right wall part was so empty.

Haha, it is not like that I am new to art. However I think, we should not try to make this the absolute "perfect" piece.
But yeah, thanks! I will of course be strong. I have done so much in the last weeks. This is really amazing.

This is the piece:

Offline Lakelezz

• View Profile
    • Lakelezz@deviantArt

Reply #52 on: August 14, 2014, 07:10:59 pm
I fixed some more things I disliked and being mentioned and finally published the piece!
If you are interested, you can take a look at it here: http://lakelezz.deviantart.com/art/Last-Beating-Hearts-475409781

Thanks everyone! You can find your credit in the description. If I should change a link to another domain (i.e. deviantArt, ...) feel free to send me a message here!

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: August 14, 2014, 07:44:10 pm
Nice to see that you've "finished". I wonder how many times you'll go back to it to refine it more though.  ::)

The amount that you've improved this piece is spectacular.

Offline Lakelezz

• View Profile
    • Lakelezz@deviantArt

Reply #54 on: August 14, 2014, 07:50:02 pm
Thanks you, lachrymose!

I will go back to it someday. Now it is time to move on. To get different views onto pixel art.

By the way, here is the link to the progress-sheet: http://lakelezz.deviantart.com/art/Progress-Sheet-Last-Beating-Hearts-475418211