AuthorTopic: UniART a Unity package to create your own adventure "next-gen" pixel style game.  (Read 15920 times)

Offline bruno bento

• View Profile
Hello!

BentoStudio is creating a Unity package to create your own adventure "next-gen" pixel style game.
Called "UniArt" this pack will be the first of a collection to be published.
Here is a teaser of this package.

What do you think about this?

(edit:video link update)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:40:52 am by bruno bento »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile
I think our youtube tag needs to be intelligent enough to parse the link for the video ID by itself, instead of requiring the poster to do it. Tooltip or not.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
I mean it's nice and all, but it's a very distinct style. Do you think such a distinct/unique sort of look is beneficial for open-source art?

Offline bruno bento

• View Profile
Thank for your comments
I mean it's nice and all, but it's a very distinct style. Do you think such a distinct/unique sort of look is beneficial for open-source art?
Indeed it's a good question.
The fact is that you can nevertheless custom in very various way our kit.
I will soon post more screenshots and sample to show you what I would mean by "very customizable".
So I hope our kit could be enough modular to be used by a large number of people for starting their projects!

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian
It's quite a very distinct style indeed... but after all, why not?
You might want to go with a more generic character though. I mean, look at, for example, RPGmaker's ressources, they have a variety of very generic stereotypes. When you're making art "for everyone to use" you don't want to have a unique character, because people would remember that over the game itself, and people who would use your art wants to be the ones remembered for making a game, you know?
So it's just my opinion, of course, but I'd give that character a more round human head, and maybe go with a more generic weapon (i.e. a dull sword). Of course, maybe you already have more generic assets lying around, I wouldn't know. :)

Offline Basketcase

• View Profile
Very Sworcery. I like it.

I gather the main focus is on the landscape rather than the character(s)?

I think its visual distinctiveness is totally cool and hope you aren't encouraged to tone it down.
To do: ??? Cow made my lovely avatar.

Offline bruno bento

• View Profile
Thanks for your comments!
Just a preview of the walk cycle!

Offline bruno bento

• View Profile
Our kit is close to be released!

More infos about the content of the kit here : http://bento-studio.com/uniart-pixel-sci-fi-landscape-content

Offline FrostPumpkin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
These assets are fantastic, you should keep them for yourself and make an amazing game out of it  ;D

Offline bruno bento

• View Profile
These assets are fantastic, you should keep them for yourself and make an amazing game out of it  ;D

Haha thanks! Too late unfortunately our kit is now on the asset store!
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/19449

Enjoy!

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile
This is wonderful stuff, I do find the choice to make it a public asset a little odd, but hey, it's your art after all. :y: