AuthorTopic: Stone brick texture WIP  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Alanay

• View Profile

Stone brick texture WIP

on: June 19, 2014, 04:53:31 pm
When Minecraft was in beta I first did some pixel art, I was really bad. I'm coming back to it now, but all I really know how to do is textures. Is there any way I could improve this other than colour choices but keeping it fairly minimal?

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Re: Stone brick texture WIP

Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:35:31 pm
I like this! I don't see any problem with it  :y:
Aside from the darker brick, which I don't know if I should read as a differently colored brick or as a hole...
(and make sure it looks nice when there are many of them next to each other :crazy:)

But in any case, this is more than enough quality for a Minecraft texture, I think (this is better than 99% of the textures out there)
If I were you, I'd start working on different ones (assuming you want to do the whole texture set), considering there are probably more than a hundred textures in the game :lol:

If you make any more, please post them as well; I'd like to see them! ;)

Offline Alanay

• View Profile

Re: Stone brick texture WIP

Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 08:49:06 pm
I like this! I don't see any problem with it  :y:
Aside from the darker brick, which I don't know if I should read as a differently colored brick or as a hole...
(and make sure it looks nice when there are many of them next to each other :crazy:)

But in any case, this is more than enough quality for a Minecraft texture, I think (this is better than 99% of the textures out there)
If I were you, I'd start working on different ones (assuming you want to do the whole texture set), considering there are probably more than a hundred textures in the game :lol:

If you make any more, please post them as well; I'd like to see them! ;)

Thank you so much!

I'm going to touch this texture up a bit and then post it on MC forums to see if anyone is interested in seeing it in a texture pack. =)