AuthorTopic: Pixel Art Help  (Read 2312 times)

Offline JeffJim

• View Profile

Pixel Art Help

on: June 18, 2014, 11:21:51 pm
Hi I am new to pixel art, so I would appreciate it if someone could spend some of their time to teach me the basics. I checked the Rules & Resources page, but the link I wanted to view did not work. I think what I want to learn is called "recoloring". I can not find people who have done this kind of art on the site. Here are some examples of what I want to try to do:

Basically, I want to learn how to take this image: and turn it into one of those above. I have GIMP so it would be helpful if the instructions are for GIMP. Thank you for your time.

These sprites are from http://www.pokemoncreed.net. They are not mine.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Pixel Art Help

Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:42:20 am
Before we can help you, we need to know what you can do. Show us something you made and we'll help you out. "Teach me the basics" you say, but of what? The basics of art? Grab a pencil, start drawing. Basics of pixel art? Grab a digital pencil, start drawing.

So yeah, just show us anything you made yourself and we can start from there.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:37:52 am
Recoloring is not really a form of pixel art . . . I think you may have to go to forums with members that do a lot of this type of thing. What you will find here at pixelation are people trying to make sprites like the Rayquaza, not ones trying to recolor it. Good luck in finding some help!

Offline JeffJim

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:20:35 am
Ok thank you.