AuthorTopic: GR#195 - Project Entropy - Gameart, Conceptart  (Read 64990 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: Project Entropy

Reply #110 on: June 20, 2014, 03:12:57 am
FrostPumpkin: Thanks! I really appreciate it! your words are very motivating; creating a game will be a very stressful and time consuming venture- hearing talented people like you, and the many others, enjoying this project will help me as I start pushing this project past the vast heap of promising yet uncompleted games.

rikfuzz: Thanks! I agree; hopefully my update below does a good job of softening them.

Mathias: Stat display is an issue I'm working with currently. I've started to cement the concept of multiple playthroughs revealing more information to the player in subtle ways; a nudge that, combined with the natural broadening of one's understanding after completion, I hope will give the player a sense of finding and understanding complexity in the game and narrative were previously there "wasn't any".

This is to say I definitely didn't just forget about such a thing! Just how or if to implement it is something cooking in my cranium, currently.

I'm quite partial to the tan and purple :3 Right now I really like the idea of separating interactive objects through palette alone. This is a nod to the inherent restrictions ( tiles allow for one more color, and thus more detail and a different look) as well as old animation cel created cartoons where they couldn't feasibly move something in the background without it being drawn on a cel and painted in a flat manner as opposed to the usually higher detailed backgrounds. 
It is notably important that the weapons all share a palette with Wander. Playing with the idea of this representing these items being closer to Wander in their makeup than other parts of this world is something I do when decision making at 3 AM within the arbitrary limitations I've given myself for this game so far.

| | | |: Thanks! I personally kind of liked it, but I gave it a try with a couple other easily available colors and compiled the options in a gif below. What do you think? This goes for everybody else, too!

coffee: Yes! it's good to be back. I tried to address your crits in the update below, let me know what you think! I found the thumb looked awkward/ ungraceful without at least a little bit of the nail showing, but I made it thinner.

ErekT: Great stuff! I tried to put your edits into account. Thanks so much! I've grown so much since this idea first started; I tell myself what I'm doing is really cool to keep me going, but it's nice to hear that from other people!  :crazy:

Fizzick: You're definitely right! Tried to address it in the latest.

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #111 on: June 20, 2014, 08:58:31 pm
I think I do like the white after all... looking back at the earlier posts again; it seems to match best.
 That violet is pretty interesting and the pale yellow is pretty effective (I do like the visible outline with the colored highlights). White seems to be the best highlighter...Good to see other options though.
 Picking colors is so hard. ???
Instead of the strip / highlighter you could just have the white outline on the selected item instead also.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #112 on: June 20, 2014, 09:30:40 pm
Lookin good man.
Try  some other stuff too.

And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #113 on: June 20, 2014, 09:41:45 pm
 :y: I actually like that option PPD

Offline Fizzick

• View Profile

Reply #114 on: June 20, 2014, 10:28:04 pm

i'm nowhere near your level of skill, but this is what i might do? sorry if bad. it's really rough too

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #115 on: June 21, 2014, 04:12:39 pm
Some small proportional issues with the hand, most notably the thumb size, also thought it might look better for the menu screen if the light is coming from the left so when mirrored it would seem as if the light is in the center, also think the highlight color is a little too strong, only used it on some nails  :D