AuthorTopic: Menu Screen  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Re: Menu Screen

Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 09:03:58 pm
Apart from the closer, lower range, these mountains don't need much more detail than this:

They really look like distant mountains seen through a lot of atmosphere; your later versions lose that depth feeling.
Also what Ashbad says about their shape.

Beware of that castle you're planning: I'd make it a simple silhouette using the same color (or colors: at most 2!) as the mountain, for the same reason.

Also if your plan is still to create versions with and without the scroll, I'd suggest to study the composition very carefully for it to work nicely on both versions. It would be far easier to create 2 different layouts.

That scroll is going to need more contrast to be pop out in front of the screen.

Offline A2J2TIWARI

• a2j2emerald
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38048.htm
    • View Profile
    • Art of Aastikya Tiwari

Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 08:50:41 pm
I have tried to improve the composition by learning about 'Rule of Thirds' and using it. I thought that the lake was taking away too much attention from the scroll and scene in general.

I am still stuck at textures though and I am going nowhere; it has become frustrating. If anyone of you can, please do a sample texture for me as I am not able to witness the textures in images or at least not able to get them right.

Also I changed the colours of scroll but I'll change them again for I am not happy with them.

Love Carnage?: Download Epok Now!
My Work
PonjiRo Now Available on Android: Download PonjiRo

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 12:03:22 am
Not really sure what sort of problem you're having with textures. The ones I see so far work nicely for the most part other than floating pixels on the frontmost grass (and some of that grass seeming to be horizontal and floating somehow). Where are you wanting an example of a texture?
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/