AuthorTopic: Seeking Pixel Artist for Pokemon Red Version ROM hack  (Read 2686 times)

Offline ShantyTown

• View Profile
Hi there.  I've been working on an in-depth Pokemon Red Version ROM hack for a long time, and it would be cool to have new sprites to freshen up the visual side of things.  The ROM hack is called "Maize Version", and you can read about it here:  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309293.  It's a very ambitious project, as it modernizes lots of aspects of the game, and I believe that incorporating new sprites/tiles will add a lot of appeal to it. 

I've tried several attempts at creating new sprites myself, but I'm either a terrible artist or I don't have nearly enough practice.  That's why I would love to work with you!  The idea of new "Nintendo quality sprites/graphics" in my project is exciting.

What you would do:
  • New trainer sprites (4-color palette, and 56x56 pixels)
  • New badge sprites (4-color palette, 16x16 pixels)
  • New overworld tiles

And of course, you wouldn't need to address each of those items--you could just pick one.  If I left some important piece of information out, or I said something confusing, feel free to ask.  Also, if you have a friend who you think might be interested, please let them know.

If you're interested, just let me know, and we can talk about the details of the content.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:48:05 pm by ShantyTown »