AuthorTopic: Gunz Pixel  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Gunz Pixel

on: July 28, 2006, 04:45:43 pm
Well I havent been pixeling for about a month due to my Vacation and today I got back. While I was one the plane I saw this Safety guide possibly done on illustrator. The person who made it had like perfect cartoon/realism lines and colouring. I tried to go in with an a approace on minum colour but I dont know if I'll stick with it. Anway here he is.

Gunz-Raptor-

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Re: Gunz Pixel

Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 06:16:04 pm
Reply please

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 06:16:56 pm
Needs more AA.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 06:18:01 pm
That shirt is a w.i.p And ofcourse I will incorparated in the project. How is the head?.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:41:01 pm
I don't understand your art, or your text. I cannot help!

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:17:52 pm
It looks to me like the back of the head is too small, and he is missing a nose. Also, the hands are very confusing and I don't know what they are supposed to be holding.

Be patient =) Two hours is not very long to wait for a reply (and asking for a reply won't get you one any faster).

My suggestion: get rid of all the empty space for now. We don't know what you plan to do with it, and it is confusing. Just post a picture of what you want comments on (in this case, just post a picture of the guy, without the space around him).

Your greys all look very much the same. Come to think of it, so do your skin tones. Make the brights brighter and the darks darker -- if that makes it look too choppy, then dither or add a mid-tone (I recommend that you dither). I suggest using a greyish *color* instead of pure grey, as well.

Minimum color does not mean minimum detail ^_^ You can still add folds, shading, musculature, etc.

That blue is not a good background color, I think.

Where do you want to go with this picture? What's the purpose, what's the goal, what's the subject matter, are there any specific things you want help/comments on? (For example, once you asked "How is the head?" then I had some things to say, and I made a reply =) Do you have a reference pic that you are trying to emulate?

Put some more work into it (and at least complete the outline for the whole figure) then show it to us again. Once we see the direction you're trying to improve in, we will have more to say =)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 10:48:17 am
Well he is a cleaned version but Helm are you saying my work is bad  :'(

Thanks for advice I might try dithering but I think I'll still with colour and AA.

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 06:19:18 pm
Looking better =D The head especially looks better now. I will now make a quick color and anatomy edit that might hopefully help you.

As far as whether your work is good or bad -- don't worry about it. ^_^ What you should be concerned with is learning and improvement. Everyone starts at a different level artistically. I see that you have a pretty good sense of volume and shading, but could use some work on anatomy...I am not very good at anatomy, but I will try to make suggestions in my impending edit.

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 06:54:42 pm
Ok, so it is just an anatomy edit =P I'm sure it still has problems, but I think it looks more like a real person would bend (when you're drawing, think about knees and elbows and bones and such...I usually base my forms around a stick figure, as you can see in the edit)

As for the color, there are two important lessons I learned that helped a lot:

* Shadowed parts are bluer and less saturated.
* Darks should be DARK, and brights should be BRIGHT (you can overdo this, of course, but it's much more common to see people have too little contrast...for instance, in your picture, the two hair colors are hard to distinguish unless I really look)

I would also investigate the shading on his arm. It looks quite pillow shaded (that is, the light source seems to be "straight on", shining straight from the viewer's eyes onto the picture...it generally doesn't look very good). The easiest way (for me) to get good depth is to put the light source at the top left or top right of the picture, and shade accordingly. Give it a try, with some more dramatic enshadowing, and see how it looks (and let me see it when it's done, I'm curious to see if I hurt or help =P)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 06:58:29 pm
I didn't say it's bad, I said I didn't understand what you were going for. No offense.