AuthorTopic: New to this community  (Read 19261 times)

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Re: New to this community

Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 02:54:42 am
So I have try which one of you have said and that is to put up a sketch on how I draw my female bodies. Note I only learn this way basic on a tutorial years ago for guidelines when starting to draw. Unfortunately I still do not know how to draw without them I will put one for guys soon not yet. This is just a basic stand pose so hopefully you can tell what I do wrong when I start to sketch. . Also I have draw still life before but the only reason I do not often do it is because I'm not really train to do in other words basically I'm not interested in drawing still life which I know it bad. I guess I should do often but I don't.
Edit after looking at the Will Ternell video I did what he said. Overall it was pretty fun video so I drew the one of things I'm having trouble with and what you havent seen for me yet kittens. Look at tons of kitten images and drew them. Most of them are pretty bad but I guess that how it starts will probably draw more tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:50:10 am by Hurumi »

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 03:36:52 am
That image there is already a step above anything you've posted so far, it tells me that you're considering the individual forms of the character. You might be surprised to learn but many artists actually do start their drawings this way, everyone does it a bit differently but the idea is to decide what the most important parts of the character are and draw the basic 3D shapes that match them. Usually these are the head, rib cage, pelvis, hands, feet, upper and lower arms and legs. Here's an example I happened to have saved from something I'm working on. Do a google image search for "character construction" to see many more examples of this. Try taking any photo or drawing of a person and sketching these basic shapes over the top of them, you'll learn a lot about how the human body is put together. Also it is important to note that the human body does not have concave lines, under the skin there are always bulging muscles, bones or fat so the contours of the body are always convex.

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 03:54:45 am
That image there is already a step above anything you've posted so far, it tells me that you're considering the individual forms of the character. You might be surprised to learn but many artists actually do start their drawings this way, everyone does it a bit differently but the idea is to decide what the most important parts of the character are and draw the basic 3D shapes that match them. Usually these are the head, rib cage, pelvis, hands, feet, upper and lower arms and legs. Here's an example I happened to have saved from something I'm working on. Do a google image search for "character construction" to see many more examples of this. Try taking any photo or drawing of a person and sketching these basic shapes over the top of them, you'll learn a lot about how the human body is put together. Also it is important to note that the human body does not have concave lines, under the skin there are always bulging muscles, bones or fat so the contours of the body are always convex.

Yes I would look that up right away what you did for that character is exactly what I want to get with my characters different body builds so they do not look the same.

Offline LarkoftheRiver

• Hobbist Animator + Apprentice Falconer
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • sarah.fonvile.9
    • View Profile

Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 01:48:28 pm
I'm an aspiring artist myself, and here are some of my tips.
- Don't focus on drawing one thing. I did this, and now I can only draw canines at a decent level. I regret it every time I try to draw something new, so try to draw new things every day, even still life, even animals, even humans. Do a study where you look at photos and trace (yes, I did just say trace) them. It will help you learn proportions and anatomy. Then look at photo references for your art when you can.
- Don't use pure black or white for shading. Nothing in nature is ever pure black or white, so add hues of blue, green, red, etc in your shading. Also establish a light source before you start, it'll make it easier to shade.
- Don't try to develop a style from the get go. Try to go for realism. That was another mistake I made, and I regret it too. Make your figures as realistic as possible and the style will come after.
- Practice on paper first. Trust me, its easier. I do all my sketches on paper still.

That's about all I can offer. I really look forward to seeing your art progress!  :)

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 09:10:10 pm
I'm an aspiring artist myself, and here are some of my tips.
- Don't focus on drawing one thing. I did this, and now I can only draw canines at a decent level. I regret it every time I try to draw something new, so try to draw new things every day, even still life, even animals, even humans. Do a study where you look at photos and trace (yes, I did just say trace) them. It will help you learn proportions and anatomy. Then look at photo references for your art when you can.
- Don't use pure black or white for shading. Nothing in nature is ever pure black or white, so add hues of blue, green, red, etc in your shading. Also establish a light source before you start, it'll make it easier to shade.
- Don't try to develop a style from the get go. Try to go for realism. That was another mistake I made, and I regret it too. Make your figures as realistic as possible and the style will come after.
- Practice on paper first. Trust me, its easier. I do all my sketches on paper still.

That's about all I can offer. I really look forward to seeing your art progress!  :)

Thank you for you helpful advice I start working on these right away.

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: July 14, 2014, 01:46:42 am
Here some more running poses references I did based off on different girls running images.