AuthorTopic: New to this community  (Read 19257 times)

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: New to this community

Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 08:16:08 am
Draw boxes.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 02:41:14 am
Draw boxes.

Really just draw boxes this will help? Guess I will try it.

Offline Mizuho

• New Pixel Girl
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:06 am
I usually draw or copy stuff.

try to doodle anything. artblock, mostly is because a bad moment you had. try also listening some calm music or even! try with someupbeat.

give it a shot :D

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 06:50:05 pm
Yeah so after listening to the moderator and someone. I did drew those boxes and some still life which got me back in the mood. So I drew some fan art the character is from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes Of Time. The pose came from posemanaics.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:01:06 pm by Hurumi »

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: July 04, 2014, 11:36:44 pm
This redesign of my oc Genevena. Made her hair and outfit more realistic. The original hair was a pain to draw. Made her clothes more basic on the actually clothing there basic on. As you can see i'm starting to use references more.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: July 05, 2014, 11:42:24 am
I'm surprised no one said it yet so I'll be the bad guy here.
You need to forget about "anime" and "style" for now and focus on the basics.
At some point, it'll all be the same anyway.

Draw from life so you understand form, perspective, proportion and volume better.
Try to copy other peoples works to better understand a variety of stylization and composition.
Only construct something after you think you got an idea how it actually looks or else, you will just regurgitate the same visual clichees that you picked up from pre-stylized works of your favorite artists again and again.
Limiting yourself to "anime" traditions will only serve to slow your progress down and limit your range.

Will Terrell did a nice video on a healthy approach towards coming up with your own stylized character.
Try something like that and never be afraid to try out new things if you feel you got "stuck".

If you haven't already, I would also highly suggest you get yourself a sketchbook in which you draw something every day.
It doesn't matter what it is, it doesn't have to "look good" (mistakes are not the end of the world, learning to accept them, learning from them and moving on is a big part of this) and you don't even have to show it to anybody, just try and make drawing something every day a habit of yours.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:55:27 am by 9_6 »
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #36 on: July 05, 2014, 04:47:13 pm
I'd actually like to see you post some sketches of your character before you draw them, where you post one and then we can give feedback and you implement that feedback.
And you need to start comparing your works to other art, because there are glaring issues with anatomy and symmetry which you'll need to train your eye to see.

You're still very much drawing things out of habit, how you think they look, but you really need to start drawing how things actually look.
Also, this might all seem very daunting, but remember that this is a community about improving yourself as an artist and not about getting praise.

Offline Fizzick

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: July 06, 2014, 07:12:42 pm
Please stop drawing anime girls. If you want them to be good, you need to have an understanding of realistic proportion and technique first.

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #38 on: July 06, 2014, 09:48:45 pm
I used to hate hearing stuff like that, but it really is the only good advice. Try some exercises in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain or do some life drawing or something to develop a bit first.

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 02:41:25 am
Well I have been trying to learn realistic proportions and I can understand what you mean by drawing from life. I do not really do much of it and when I do it more of just sometimes. I can do post sketches of how I normally draw bodies if that will help me. Believe me I am looking for improvement for myself so I don't except to get praise especially knowing that my art is not that good and you guys know it too. Also is there a way for me to find exercises similar to that book online that I can do atm.