AuthorTopic: New to this community  (Read 19258 times)

Offline Mizuho

• New Pixel Girl
    • View Profile

Re: New to this community

Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 11:03:21 pm
don't give up hurumi!

you just need to make a lot of pencil and paper draws before to run on a digital paper.

I think that you may need to copy sprites that you want to make. take those from blablue. copy them. trace them...

use the curve line and straight line

I think you can do nice things!  :)

Offline namunamnom

• whoa!
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 11:47:58 pm
don't give up hurumi!

you just need to make a lot of pencil and paper draws before to run on a digital paper.

I think that you may need to copy sprites that you want to make. take those from blablue. copy them. trace them...

They have a point. It takes a lot of practice for those BlazBlue spriters.

Point is, I suggest referencing some first //like what I did with my non pixel art :p//
That way, you have a sense of anatomy and all the basics. Remember, your body isn't made out of weird, random, solid shapes. It's a three-dimensional masterpiece made out of cylinders and spheres. Make sure your light source is consistent (no pillow shading plz) and your anatomy theoretically correct.

Just some tips from a new pixel artist, what do i even know.

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 05:24:04 am
don't give up hurumi!

They have a point. It takes a lot of practice for those BlazBlue spriters.

Point is, I suggest referencing some first //like what I did with my non pixel art :p//
That way, you have a sense of anatomy and all the basics. Remember, your body isn't made out of weird, random, solid shapes. It's a three-dimensional masterpiece made out of cylinders and spheres. Make sure your light source is consistent (no pillow shading plz) and your anatomy theoretically correct.

Just some tips from a new pixel artist, what do i even know.

don't give up hurumi!

Yes I can do that but I don't often draw traditionally often. I mostly work in digital with Paint Tool Sai with the binary tool. I know it just the type of spriting that blazblue has it what I'm really after. If I try to draw smaller I'm not happy about it.  You basically mean trace over the sprite? That what I did but I did not use the curve tool and line tool so should I use those instead? This was the last sprite I was working on the other day I stopped working on it after I learn my drawing was not still sprite form but as they say high res pencil drawing. I don't want to give up because it something I really wanna do just dunno how to achieve it.  Also can you tell me what is pillow shading? I am trying to learn how to shade better but still a way to get good shading.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 05:26:11 am by Hurumi »

Offline namunamnom

• whoa!
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 08:34:25 am
http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299&PID=139322#139322
There ya go. Something helpful that I read everyday.

I recommend drawing in paper first, seriously. After that, you can always buy a pen tablet and make pixels with them.
Also, how high is your SAI stabilizer? The lines look very stiff.

Offline Mizuho

• New Pixel Girl
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 03:23:39 pm
hurumi, you may try to use the curve line on photoshop. that could help to do the curved line as you may want

since I use an interface as the wacom cintiq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95GvRH_e38s

my laptop is a fujitsu lifebook t732 with wacom technology and works a lot like drawing in paper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbpZtlVqfkg

that's why you may want to give a try on paper.

copy a anime character in a pose of a sprite or a side scroller. like this..

but try to copy the image exactly. in a pixel like style. this will make you see what you must do.

give it a shot hurumi!

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 01:17:56 am
hurumi, you may try to use the curve line on photoshop. that could help to do the curved line as you may want

since I use an interface as the wacom cintiq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95GvRH_e38s

my laptop is a fujitsu lifebook t732 with wacom technology and works a lot like drawing in paper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbpZtlVqfkg

that's why you may want to give a try on paper.

copy a anime character in a pose of a sprite or a side scroller. like this..

but try to copy the image exactly. in a pixel like style. this will make you see what you must do.

give it a shot hurumi!
http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299&PID=139322#139322
There ya go. Something helpful that I read everyday.

I recommend drawing in paper first, seriously. After that, you can always buy a pen tablet and make pixels with them.
Also, how high is your SAI stabilizer? The lines look very stiff.
For my SAI stablizer I usually use the highest S-7 but my tablet spazzes out at times so the lines get messed at some random point. Mizuho I will try that SAI also has the curve tool. I will post when I finished trying it out.

Offline namunamnom

• whoa!
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 07:43:58 am
S7??????

No.
Don't set it as S&, laggy as hell. Also your lines are gonna be so stiff.

1-7 is ok. I use 7

Offline Mizuho

• New Pixel Girl
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 05:15:43 pm
@hurumi: hoho, I didn't find the curve tool on sai. years using the soft and didn't find it.. can you provide me the capture to see where is it?  ???

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 07:33:41 pm
@hurumi: hoho, I didn't find the curve tool on sai. years using the soft and didn't find it.. can you provide me the capture to see where is it?  ???
S7??????

No.
Don't set it as S&, laggy as hell. Also your lines are gonna be so stiff.

1-7 is ok. I use 7

Oh really I found S7 to be really slow and good for my linework. I always like it.  To find the curve tool you have to make a new line layer (the one with pen on paper icon) by the new layer. Then you will have options to use the vector tools.

Offline Hurumi

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 06:11:03 am
So guys can anyone tell me how to get rid of an artblock have no motivation to draw at all.