AuthorTopic: New Fox Character  (Read 2976 times)

Offline setix

• View Profile

New Fox Character

on: May 06, 2014, 02:38:36 am
I am working on a new character for a game where the main character is a fox. It will be a fantasy setting. I would like feedback on how he looks so far.

Thanks! Here is a new version. I also added a belt.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:26:30 am by setix »

Offline JoeCreates

• View Profile

Re: New Fox Character

Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 03:05:39 am
It seems you've scaled it up a little unevenly at the moment, which means its a little warped in places. You can post 1x scale images here, as we can simply click on the image to scale it up.

Currently he looks like he's leaning back a bit too far. His legs aren't really in a position to support his weight. It would be nice to see a more defined light source to give him some more shape. I do like the character. He's pretty cute. :)

Offline Tijjer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 02:30:32 pm

The arm holding the staff was somewhat bothering me...so heres my edit!  Hope it helps!  ;D

Offline JoeCreates

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:48:47 pm
His stance does look a more realistic, now. :) I've done a little edit to illustrate some more ideas.

• First, you have drawn the feet as if to add some perspective, and yet have not used this perspective for the rest of the image. See in my edit: you can see the diagonal line of the base of the feet, whereas throughout the rest of the image, everything is horizontal, giving ii a very flat look. In my edit I have started to use the perspective of the feet in the rest of the image. Note that this meant turning the head slightly more toward the front.
  • The shadows didn't seem to be indicating the form or light source. The main change I made to demonstrate was on the head. The brighter parts are where you might expect the most light to hit were it 3D and the light source were up and to the right.
  • For the colors of the shadows, I've shifted the hue very slightly away from yellow, and lowered the saturation.
  • The cane seemed unnaturally square, so I've shown how it might look if held at an angle.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:22:26 pm by JoeCreates »

Offline Tijjer

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 04:14:41 pm
His stance does look a more realistic, now. :) I've done a little edit to illustrate some more ideas.

• First, you have drawn the feet as if to add some perspective, and yet have not used this perspective for the rest of the image. See in my edit: you can see the diagonal line of the base of the feet, whereas throughout the rest of the image, everything is horizontal, giving ti a very flat look. In my edit I have started to use the perspective of the feet in the rest of the image. Note that this meant turning the head slightly more toward the front.
  • The shadows didn't seem to be indicating the form or light source. The main change I made to demonstrate was on the head. The brighter parts are where you might expect the most light to hit were it 3D and the light source were up and to the right.
  • For the colors of the shadows, I've shifted the hue very slightly away from yellow, and lowered the saturation.
  • The cane seemed unnaturally square, so I've shown how it might look if held at an angle.

Hope this helps!

I like how you looked at my edit and improved upon it in your edit, gets my idea through much better with the arm/hand holding the staff  ;D

Offline setix

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 12:27:19 am
Thanks! This really helps ;D

Im getting the hang of this now.