AuthorTopic: A couple of new-ish sprites  (Read 21514 times)

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Re: A couple of new-ish sprites

Reply #50 on: July 28, 2006, 02:25:39 am
There's something about the anatomy of the chest that was bugging me, so I pulled out my handy-dandy anatomy book to check. I think you could use a bit more of the lightest skin shade directly above the breasts so that they smoothly flow into the chest rather than just bubbling out of it the way they are now. I also think that the shadow on the stomach should be a bit higher, if it should be there at all. Look up some references, try fineart.sk or something similar.

Other than that it's pretty sweet, nice improvement from the first version!

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #51 on: July 28, 2006, 03:37:54 am
well well...I hoping that all the fuss is done now...

Ok, hm...first of all do you have any design pics of these girls? I'm not really sure what kind of look you're going with each one of them, for example the red one strikes me as tomboyish but that might be your choice.

This is why I always insist on reference, it's excluding for those who want to crit but just dont happen to know the design you're spriting beforehand.

Might I ask just what parts of your style you think are imposible to "compromise"? personally I enjoy the CVS harsh cenital lighting style, and the clean expressive lines, though I'm not so keen on selout/broken lines. I'd like to know what you think selout adds to the sprites.

For the Venom-ish girl, I understand you are trying to make the butt as round and big as you can, but I think you've put the cheeks too far apart, I belive it looks more realistic and sexier if you get to see a bit of the tighs sticking out from the sides of the butt, while the two round cheeks sit tightly in the center.

I think you're still oversimplifying the back anatomy, her back and her butt are at a diferent level of rotation, but I see now sign of twisting on her lower back to show that, also the shoulderblades might be very prominent, but you are resalting them in the exact way even though they should be in very different positions (kinda makes em look like armor rather than bones)

The shoulderblade in the background should be tilted like this /o if the o is the girl's back (just trust me I tried it out in the mirror :P) anatomy might complicated and take a lot of knowledge, but just a mirror can do the trick if you dont have that like me :sagatlaugh:

I think the shoulders of the red girl are drawn on a really awkward way, I dont think you would've drawn them like that if you didnt have the collar in the way, because they stick up whitout actually raising the clavicles so she looks a little inhuman.

I also made the shading of the collar a bit simpler and better contained.

The breasts are a little too balloon shaped, in the center they almost have a male pec-ish look, I edited them to have more of a waterdrop shape.

You forgot one of the (IMO) coolest thing about CVS that only the things facing upwards get highlighted, so I edited the bicep-tricep part of the arm to be darker....

Her knees looked too robotic/artificial for me, so I edited them to be more human-looking.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #52 on: July 28, 2006, 09:41:11 am
I think the highlight on the boobs are to strong.

Offline Judas

• Merciless
    • View Profile

Reply #53 on: July 28, 2006, 11:13:25 am
Pawige: Something more like this, perhaps?

Feron: On the skin itself, the boob part of the suit, Conceit's edit, what? I tried to address all possibilities in this update, but I'm not entirely certain I did that.

Conceit: The design pics I have of these girls are on a bunch of different scraps of notebook paper, backs of forms from work, and a thousand post-its. Yeah, I am disorganized. Most of the designs are being developed along the way. For example, she never had the necklace before, but she did have shades, which I now realize would probably crowd the face.

Edit: Modified per Feron's suggestions below.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:49:55 am by Judas »

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #54 on: July 28, 2006, 11:43:31 am
small edit:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:57:03 am by Feron »